Is RIM's New Storm Phone Absolute Garbage?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Look,

In the history of the word there has been two major platforms:

Windows

and

Mac

Now there is a third:

iPhone

It is that simple. For years the tech gurus of MIT and Stanford have been talking about "ubiquitous computing". Computer that are portable and some you don't even see: some you wear, some in your eyeglasses, others in the walls of your home, etc. Apple is the first to come up with one, the iPhone.

With all due respect, I think you're all attributing way too much to the iPhone!

While I love my iPhone and won't be parted from it, Apple didn't invent a new paradigm here. They simply did what everyone else was doing, but did it better (i.e. polished the hell out of the experience). Windows Mobile and Symbian were already platforms for ubiquitous computing. I've been using such devices back since the mid 90s. The iPhone doesn't have more processing power than an equivalent Nokia. It doesn't have a wider choice of software. It doesn't have more features. It doesn't do anything new. It does the same things and implements them really well.

If the iPhone platform is to take over, it isn't because it is a revolutionary new idea. It's as unoriginal idea as Windows was after MacOS. It'll take over just because it is better and easier to use!

Amorya
  • Reply 22 of 25
    the fact that the whole screen moves is such a point of failure.

get a grain of sand under that thing or just some moisture..bye bye
  • Reply 23 of 25
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Look,

In the history of the word there has been two major platforms:

Windows

and

Mac

Now there is a third:

iPhone

AMIGA 4eva, ok!
  • Reply 24 of 25
    a friend of mine bought a Blackberry Storm and it was one of the crappiest phone i've ever seen. it seemed like a product that was created without any thought or passion.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sared View Post

a friend of mine bought a Blackberry Storm and it was one of the crappiest phone i've ever seen. it seemed like a product that was created without any thought or passion.

It was.