Best Buy cuts prices on Apple's Mac line for 4-day sale

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iOrlando View Post

i;m pretty sure Apple will be having nearly the same sale on their own website (stores) on black friday. I have been hearing, the sales will be modestly better then last year's black friday. $100-$150 off macbooks is my best estimate.

Well last year's and the year's before that sucked - so anything would be an improvement.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

The base white Macbook for $899 is probably the best deal there.

That does sound good and firewire too- how sweet!
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Retailer margins are very low on Macs, so you won't see price cuts more than this on new product.

Sorry folks.

However, you should take what you can get since price cuts on Apple products aren't common to begin with.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    I bleed Apple rainbow colors or black or white, depending on where you cut me, but I find some of the followups to this story curious.

For one, who cares if the Apple Store has a policy of matching this discount that Best Buy has provided? Why was it not mentioned in the update whether Fry's will match this discount? MacMall? Small Dog? Other World Computing? Why even mention the Apple Store at all? If one is curious about what Apple might do on Black Friday, simply use Google and look up "Apple Store Black Friday 2007" or "Apple Store Black Friday 2006" to get a rough idea?

It's a nice deal at a decent retailer, and their Reward Zone should apply as well, where you get 2% back. I've got a local one and their prices are good on some things, overpriced on others, but generally more reasonable than what I've seen at the Apple Store. Not a bad place to buy, though I'm not in the market at the moment, but that $899 MacBook would be a great girlfriend present in a stronger economy . . .
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pouvoirsavoir View Post

I bleed Apple rainbow colors or black or white, depending on where you cut me, but I find some of the followups to this story curious....

... that $899 MacBook would be a great girlfriend present in a stronger economy . . .

Ya know, if everyone bought their girlfriend (or boyfriend) a new MacBook for Christmas (or whatever, don't go all P.C. on me, folks...) the economy would BE a lot stronger!

Of course, Apple's product delivery delays would inevitably follow, then we'd have hundreds of Flaming posts about how they should have seen it coming, and at least 5 or 10 of us would start up again about the new MB not having FireWire...
  • Reply 26 of 28
    I just got back from Best Buy, where I purchased a 2.4GHz MacBook. I had hoped to get a MacBook Pro, but just couldn't justify the price leap. However, I could justify the leap from the 2.0GHz MB to the 2.4GHz MB thanks to this sale.

While everyone is correct that the price reductions could stand to be steeper, I think it's best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desides View Post

I just got back from Best Buy, where I purchased a 2.4GHz MacBook. I had hoped to get a MacBook Pro, but just couldn't justify the price leap. However, I could justify the leap from the 2.0GHz MB to the 2.4GHz MB thanks to this sale.

While everyone is correct that the price reductions could stand to be steeper, I think it's best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Urk. You could've gotten the early 2008 MacBook Pro off Amazon for $1444... a little bit less than what you shelled out for the 2.4GHz MacBook at the Best Buy sale.

But hey, if you really dig the MB and don't need the MB Pro's advantages, stick with the MB.

• Reply 28 of 28
    Just back from the Apple store and they matched the Best Buy price on our new MacBook 2.4 ghz.

$1449 plus tax.