Nokia N97 - AKA The iPhone Killer!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Bullshit.

I could get a BB phone with the same data tariff.

But people are choosing the iPhone over the BB and other phones.

Oh dear, you can't back up your flawed argument so you twist it over to the blackberry. Weak minded people choose the iPhone because retailers push it as being "the best". False advertising also has a lot to do with it's success. Many people have bought it believing it was good, when once you strip away the interface it's really nothing special.

Anyway, i'm tired of going round in circles with a stereotypical apple zealot.

This is a thread about the N97 being an iPhone killer, data and tariffs are irrelevant at this stage.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pearshaped View Post

This is a thread about the N97 being an iPhone killer, data and tariffs are irrelevant at this stage.

We'll see in a year.

The nokia will be as well adopted as its predecessor the n95. It's not that much different. Great on paper but will leave a lot to be desired from a usability standpoint. Like I said earlier, if all you care about are specs on paper, you don't need to wait for the n97 to find a phone that's 'better' than the iPhone.

The bottom line is this: if the iPhone is so poor why do people choose to use it and us it so much?

If the nokia is so great, why don't people use it more?
  • Reply 43 of 49
    Quote:

Did you know the phone most used for web browsing in the US is the RAZR/RAZR2?

That's simply not true.

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/oper...e.aspx?qprid=8

Please attempt to substantiate your claims.

C.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Nobody was *forced* to buy an iPhone.

They did so willingly.

The fact that so many people buy symbian phones without data plans speaks volumes to how they feel about the usability of such devices for anything other than making calls.

How do you explain that?

Explain the fact that there are not more iPhones being sold. How about the millions, literally millions that are waiting for the N97?. Nokia will sell more in a month than Apple sells in six. Fact is, not everyone wants an iPhone. Especially outside of the telephony challenged US?
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Quote:

Figures?

Monkeyball sales 300,000 in first 20 days. It is now much more than that.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=195026

Nokia sell 20 million N-Gage handsets - but only 400,000 profiles have been set up.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=195026

Nokia are utterly clueless when it comes to gaming.

C.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    Quote:

"An alternative", never says replacment for symbian.

lol.

Nokia is like a cheating husband at the moment. He has found a younger prettier girlfriend, but he's too scared to tell his ugly wife. But everyone knows where this is headed.

Letting Symbian go open-source is his way of saying, "We both need some personal space dear"

C.

pearshaped, are you one of these guys who get paid to come onto forums to shill for Nokia?
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

pearshaped, are you one of these guys who get paid to come onto forums to shill for Nokia?

Do they have that? Being that I have a Nokia and an iPhone, could I get paid double? Send me a link to sign up.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    I was like him once. Avid Nokia and S60 fan but then I tried iphone and now I dont think I will ever go back. All that talk of no MMS this and that in the end meant squat for me.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

I was like him once. Avid Nokia and S60 fan but then I tried iphone and now I dont think I will ever go back. All that talk of no MMS this and that in the end meant squat for me.

I am a fan of more bang for the buck. For me the iPhone's failings are glaring, but I like the iPhone, so my solution was to get a phone that filled in the gaps. As it happened the N85 did more than fill in the gaps, it relegated my iPhone to second place where it either sits in a draw or I let my daughter play with it. The only thing I can not do on my iPhone is play iTunes videos but I was just informed there is software out to remove the DRM, so I will have a busy weekend trying things. If it works out, Steve can have his 3 year old device.