Piper believes leadership shift at Apple is underway

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Jesus F#$%ing Christ!

Why do people listen to ANALysts?

A photographer takes a picture. His camera captures a moment in time (the Present). A financial analyst attempts to PROJECT the Future based on the Past. People (many of them) listen to these analysts because they are fearful of what Good News or Bad News tomorrow might bring in an age conspicuously lacking many true leaders who instill the kind of lasting confidence that is impervious to economic fluctuations.

But one thing these stock analysts will never tell the legion of their devoted listeners is that the entire stock market is nothing more nor less than a legalized gambling institution (although it is true than an informed speculator seeking profitable returns has a greater chance of minimizing loss of capital invested as opposed to someone randomly betting on a horse at the racetrack that he knows nothing about).

It all comes down to faith really...faith in the material...faith in the spiritual (they can successfully co-exist, you know, just as a PC user can own a Mac too). One is based on temporal reality with it's time-space limitations. The other is not.

I'll sadly miss Steve Jobs if this is the beginning of the end of his illustrious career at Apple...or the beginning of the end of his mortal life. And if the latter, I'm confident he'll soon be pitching the angels as to how a connected network of iHarps can dramatically improve the angelic functionality affiliated with the rigorous demands of eternal service (that's after explaining to Adam that he had nothing whatsoever to do with selling Eve an Apple in the Garden of Eden)!
  • Reply 42 of 49
    Maybe Steve is simply cutting back and letting others carry the ball.

Basically he's done the job that needed to be done when he returned. He's opened up new markets with the iPod and iPhone. Matured OS X to an extraordinary level.

He's also developed an excellent executive team. Built a culture that delivers great products. And built a cash holding that will protect the company from all sorts of economic woes.

Maybe it's time to step back and let the executive team take more of a position in running the company.

Even if he steps back he'll still have a hand in Apple and Disney. But he'll also have more time with his family - which might be his priority these days.

Personally I'm comfortable with that. There is more to Apple than Steve Jobs and the company will do well even if he takes time to relax and enjoy life a bit more.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    You'd be a fool to think SJ is going to run Apple until he dies. The guy's a billionaire - I'm pretty sure he's going to retire before he's too old and/or unhealthy to do anything.

It's not far-fetched to think SJ is preparing for retirement. Wouldn't you?
  • Reply 44 of 49
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

You'd be a fool to think SJ is going to run Apple until he dies. The guy's a billionaire - I'm pretty sure he's going to retire before he's too old and/or unhealthy to do anything.

It's not far-fetched to think SJ is preparing for retirement. Wouldn't you?

Wild guessing will get you nowhere. You don't know me, or any of us except yourself, and you don't know Jobs. He wouldn't have become a billionaire if it was for the money, that's common knowledge among/about billionaires. Money won't give you that kind of drive, it has to be about "something" else.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus View Post

Basically he's done the job that needed to be done when he returned. He's opened up new markets with the iPod and iPhone. Matured OS X to an extraordinary level.

He's also developed an excellent executive team. Built a culture that delivers great products. And built a cash holding that will protect the company from all sorts of economic woes.

Maybe it's time to step back and let the executive team take more of a position in running the company.

Amen. The "culture" argument was not solid enough 3 years ago. Now everybody understands what Apple's priorities are. Everybody can admire their halcyon products like the new unibody Macbook. Even if Steve is gone, people will know: this is how you build an Apple computer. Leopard is exactly the kind of OS Apple should be building. It is a fantastic OS. How could we have ever believed OS X would be as good as it is now? But there it is.

So Steve can relax even if he were to "retire" tomorrow, his legacy is crystal clear by now. We know what he was going for. There are lots of Steve disciples. A few years ago, losing Steve would be shocking, but now, it would work out fine.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    Piper is absolutely wrong on this one. Steve will be CEO of Apple until the day he dies.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emulator View Post

I start to believe the majority are not even apple fans but obsessed SJ fans; ppl who think everything's coming out of apple's arse is for Jobs and not a team; just how surprised these 'fans' will be...

Every team needs a leader. A team is only as good as it leader. You put a crazy person in charge of a good team and it is guaranteed that that team will be destroyed - no mater how good they had been.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    axualaxual Posts: 244member
    Here is what Piper said on Sept. 8 ...

In a note to clients on Monday, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster said he's confident the Apple co-founder will be on hand to personally take the wraps of the company's new line of iPod digital media players and other products, which should reassure shareholders and, in turn, boost Apple shares.

Analysts are no better at predicting events than the Average Joe (me). Read the news and make your own decision.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Thanks for information

http://tinyurl.com/4rdhmc