AOL releases AIM 1.0 for Mac OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
AOL this week finally released AIM for Mac 1.0 [11.9MB]. As with AOL Desktop for Mac 1.5, AIM for Mac was built from the ground up by Mac users for Mac users, the company says Highlights of the new software include:

True AIM Experience: AIM for Mac will allow you to select your own Buddy sounds, wallpaper and animated Buddy Icons from the AIM Expressions library.

Fast, reliable File Transfers: This is the Real AIM, not just an AIM-compatible IM client so file transfers are fast and efficient. Send files, folders and pictures to all your Buddies.

Tabbed IMs for Tiger Users: AIM for Mac works with Both Tiger and Leopard - Mac OS X 10.4.8 (and above) and Mac OS X 10.5.3 (and above). Same features, same great user interface.

Accessible: AIM for Mac was designed to work with Apple's VoiceOver on both Tiger and Leopard. You can navigate, review IM conversations and get your Buddy's status. On Mac OS X Leopard, we support the new natural-sounding voice ? Alex.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    I can understand wanting to announce something like this, but um, can you make it read less like a bloody paid advertisement? Oh well, AIM lost me as user anyway, I use Jabber, or well more specifically Google Talk now, the XMPP protocol and it's various extensions being far more open than OSCAR. Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Welcome to two days ago.