If JOBS is Healthy, then why the last minute pull out?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,441moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sared View Post

it's vintage Steve jobs. he just do what he wants to do. He walks out of interviews, remove features, etc. many without any explanation at all. so i'm not surprised by his decision to leave Macworld.

I'm not sure he ever liked it. This picture shows he's never cared much for the event:

Having to get up in front of a huge audience and lie about having really great products to show when they aren't ready. Being bombarded with requests to meet one-to-one with nerdy fans with Apple trainers on (the old rainbow colored Apple uncool ones).

I'm surprised Apple kept attending this long to be honest.

I think the surprise events for product launches will be much more interesting. There will be less of the 'this product is ready but we'll wait until Macworld to demo it' and 'this product isn't ready yet but we'll have to talk about it at Macworld and then have people waiting'.

The iphone was announced at Macworld and it took 5-6 months to come out. People just got fed up waiting for that length of time with no product. Fortunately it was a great product but if it had been mediocre, that kind of thing could have ruined the whole launch.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sared View Post

well, Steve Jobs didn't give a shit about your (everybody's) opinion as well..

I don't care as I said
  • Reply 23 of 33
    (Forget it... I'm too worked up to say anything coherent...)
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Nothing big is coming out, so they don't need macworld
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALBIM View Post

Yes Mr. Authority.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALBIM View Post

Very big rumors (and photos now) suggesting an iPhone nano, other rumors suggesting a new iMac and an updated mini.

iLife and iWork are both due for updates (total of 8 apps, 9 counting Mobile Me).

Nothing big.

Huge.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I'm guessing the keynote will go like this:

1. Steve makes appearance, crowd goes bananas

2. Steve explains briefly why they don't do MacWorld anymore. No mention of health.

3. Steve hands off to Phil

4a. Phil talks about "State of the Mac, iPhone, iPod"

4b. Brief mention on Snow Leopard

5. MacBook Pro 17" update (to match 15")

6. Mac Mini (insert "ooohs and aaahs" here)

7. iMac updates (insert "oohs and aahs" here)

One more thing...

8. New iLife and iWork online collaboration with Mobile Me

(online collaboration features but iLife and iWork desktop version mostly the same)

(online collaboration/ integration of iLife, iWork, Mobile Me is a free upgrade for

existing Mobile Me subscribers)

(online collaboration allows some iPhone-based editing of iWork documents, however

this iPhone feature will be rolled out over the next several months)

... Nothing earth-shattering, but good enough?

... No iPhone nano until 2nd calendar quarter of 2009

... No netbook/tablet until 3rd calendar quarter of 2009

... No iLife '10 or iWork '10 until possible co-release with Snow Leopard later this year.

... We'll hear a lot about iLife '10, iWork '10 and Snow Leopard at WWDC June 2009.

F**K. If I was an "analyst" I'd make $100,000 just for this post alone.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I'm guessing the keynote will go like this:

Stop guessing!
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Stop guessing!

I'm not... I was in an elevator just the other day, and I was like... OMFG this is the new Mac Mini right here...!!
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I'm not... I was in an elevator just the other day, and I was like... OMFG this is the new Mac Mini right here...!!

Where are the bloody picts, then! We will not forgive you, ever.

• Reply 31 of 33
  • Reply 32 of 33
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Here is my theory:

Steve Jobs (being ruthless as ever) decided to wait till there was a majority of tickets being sold. Then he decided to pull out of the show at the last minute.

He did pull out for business reasons....he wanted to screw IDG and have Apple only future shows on HIS schedule not IDG's.

Also, I believe Steve will allow Phill Schiller to debut a hot new Apple product and in that way try to curb the public out of believing he has to be there every time a grand new product is debuted.

He is killing several birds with one stone. If the iphone nano or mactouch is debuted at the keynote we will know if my theory is correct.

And no, he is not sick....at least not more than usual.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Hormone Elevator.