Apple shareholders to vote on four proposals

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applestockholder View Post

Unfortunately, it does not. With the Mpeg2 codec for QT in place, I can get trick iMovie to import the MPEG2 movies, but it will not edit them. In QTpro I can also not edit the version of MPEG2 I get from the recorder, the editing options are grayed out

The only program that I have found to work decently is SimpleMovieX. But it is nothing like iMovie, no insult intended, ti tis great and inexpensive. I use iMovie for things for which I have control over the file type. I would like to use it for my surgical videos as well.

And BTW, there are many surgeons that like to edit video, and can't use iMovie...

Just use MPEG Streamclip. A once off conversion of MPEG2 to a codec of your choice (say "Animation") then Boom! you're in business. http://www.squared5.com/
  • Reply 22 of 23
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I have seen my fair share of proxy statements and shareholder proposals over the decades. Not once have I ever seen a board of directors recommend a shareholder proposal. And I have never heard of a shareholder proposal actually being passed at a shareholder meeting. Almost no one ever returns their proxy statement and therefore authorizes the board to vote their shares as they see fit. Second, most of these shareholder proposals are put forth by activists who buy some shares so they can attend the meetings and attempt to stir up things. The big shareholders who hold large percentages of stock don't really need a shareholder proposal to get their wishes across. They have other, more effective ways to get the board's attention.

It's all a big dog and pony show, with clowns no less.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

I think all of the proposals are useless. These shareholders trying to strip Apple naked to be like a glass wall. Apple didn't get to this point with that strategy, why they think it will work?

Just because Micro$oft is a glass company doesn't mean Apple has to be.

Agreed. The political thing is just weird. What Steve Jobs votes politically is of no concern to me as long as the computers he makes don't try to push his political agenda on me. If they don't want to hold shares in a company that supports one party or another they can just move their shares to a company that discloses everything.