First Philadelphia Apple store reportedly in the works

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camrahn View Post

Poor place for a store and a waste of Apple capital.

Delaware is No Tax that is a 7% savings off the top.

There is no free parking and who the heck wants to cart a 45 lb Mac Pro on public trans.

Will be gone in less than year.

Ha! That's what they said when they opened stores in Manhattan. A bazillion dollars of sales ago. I think they know what they're doing - the fact that there's 2 successful indy Mac stores nearby might be a clue...
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John French View Post

^^ Vermont, however, is. There isn't a single Apple store in the state, and you can count the number of Indy apple stores statewide on one hand. The nearest Apple stores to me are both 2 hours away on a good day- one in Albany and the other in New Hampshire.

Vermont: Population 625,000

Philadelphia: Population 1,450,000

Philadelphia Metro: Population 5,800,000

In 1870 Philadelphia had a larger population than Vermont does today.

So just wait 140 years.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camrahn View Post

There is no free parking and who the heck wants to cart a 45 lb Mac Pro on public trans.

Because 45 lb Mac Pros make up 0.5% of their computer sales, whereas 3-6 lb notebooks make up 60% of their sales. Don't forget those heavy iPods and iPhones people will have to lug home.

There are plenty of parking garages but the main demographic is the hundreds of thousands of residents who live in and around center city.

There are probably a hundred thousand college students in Philadelphia as well.

Also there are other reasons to come to an Apple Store other than buying a computer(training and tech support)
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Vermont: Population 625,000

Philadelphia: Population 1,450,000

Philadelphia Metro: Population 5,800,000

In 1870 Philadelphia had a larger population than Vermont does today.

So just wait 140 years.

Hahahah Ouch!

I love VT but the population density would not make such a store a good business move.