Apple now offering individual song upgrades on iTunes Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    I wish they would allow us to remove the DRM for free! I don't want my music in 256 kbps, I just want it DRM free! I'm still not going to pay $636 + 17% tax for 256 kbps music..... Torrents

Edit:

My bad, it would only cost 70 dollars, but I don't want to pay that.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    anybody notice a bunch of their albums and songs missing from the upgrade individually menu? For instance, I have all the Oasis albums in iTunes format, but its only giving me the option to upgrade the last album, Dig Out Your Soul.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FJRabon View Post

anybody notice a bunch of their albums and songs missing from the upgrade individually menu? For instance, I have all the Oasis albums in iTunes format, but its only giving me the option to upgrade the last album, Dig Out Your Soul.

Not all the songs in the iTunes store have been upgraded to iTunes+. Perhaps those "missing" tracks don't have non-DRM versions yet?
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Not all the songs in the iTunes store have been upgraded to iTunes+. Perhaps those "missing" tracks don't have non-DRM versions yet?

Nope, checked and the albums I listed are available in iTunes plus.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    To little too late...
  • Reply 26 of 29
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

I wish they would allow us to remove the DRM for free!

http://www.google.com/search?client=...requiem+itunes

RIAA hates those search terms.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:

Nope, checked and the albums I listed are available in iTunes plus.

I've seem some of this, even where one song wasn't upgrade but other songs from the same album were. Eventually it all caught up.

What I've seen recently is some cases where the DRM'ed 128kbps album is still available when there is a new DRM-free 256kpbs version. The FAQ specifically says that isn't supposed to happen, that the DRM-free version is supposed to replace the old DRM-laden version.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

Did they not announce that right now there are 8 million DRM free and the rest (3 million) would be available by April?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfs9900 View Post

Any idea why I would have to pay 30 cents more for a track that someone can buy for 99 cents now unprotected now???

Apple has to pay for the servers the bandwidth and you get a better product too (no DRM and higher bit-rate), so why are you complaining?