iPhone users ten times as likely to play games vs other mobiles

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

The next update will be mid 2009 and that will be to intels new 8 core xeon chips.

Will this myth ever die?? The Mac Pro is a dual-CPU workstation, not a 4+ socket high-end server. The only 8-core Intel chips are MP "Beckton" Xeons that only work in large 4+ socket server platforms. They will NOT BE USED IN THE MAC PRO. The Mac Pro will continue to use the dual processor Xeon platform, and the new Nehalem-based Xeons for this segment are codenamed "Gainestown" and use standard DDR3 memory instead of FB-DIMMs.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

This is exactly why Verizon sucks. They want to rent games to you, and charge you for everything else possible. In addition to the previous tactics of disabling hardware features in the phone and trying to charge extra for those features. I don't know why people think Verizon is so great.

I don't believe anyone with knowledge of their business practices think they are great, but the fact of the matter is that they have the obviously superior network, with much larger 3G coverage area.

Quote:

The high price of the Mac Pro and Apple's marketing campaign for "Pro" use led to the stagnation of the Mac Pro. Most consumers don't need a Mac Pro. iPhones didn't steal sales from the Mac Pro. Laptops and iMacs are far more popular, and very powerful too.

Things are different now. The Power Mac used to start at $1500 and they were far more powerful than the iMac and Laptops. People don't need or want to spend almost $3,000 for a home computer.

1) Particularly when it is early in the release cycle, The Mac Pro is not that expensive at all, and is certainly competitive with other dual-Xeon workstations in its class.

2) The Mac Pro is a WORKSTATION and is obviously not meant for an average home user as you appear to be suggesting. The sales are down because it is overpriced for the old components it offers.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    The iPhone turned me into a gamer; an iPhone gamer specifically. Before I got an iPhone I never played games. I still don't play game on my Mac but I think the iPhone is the perfect gaming platform. That would qualify the Touch, as well.

BUT...

Although I have a 16 GB iPhone my 8 GB fatboy Nano is still my iPod of choice. The fatboy is much more mobile. I sling its lanyard around my neck and wear it like bling. Can't do that with my iPhone!
  • Reply 23 of 23
    samabsamab Posts: 1,953member
    Quote:

This is exactly why Verizon sucks. They want to rent games to you, and charge you for everything else possible. In addition to the previous tactics of disabling hardware features in the phone and trying to charge extra for those features. I don't know why people think Verizon is so great.

The reason the iPhone is popular with mobile games is because the games look and play great. Previous mobile options were limited by the hardware on the phones.

You always have a choice to purchase Verizon games outright for unlimited uses (at a higher price).

And the only real Verizon BREW game that should even be considered to rent is Guitar Hero --- and the Guitar Hero games are rentals on other platforms (on AT&T as well).