MacPad or iTablet - could it look like this?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    It's very interesting to read these mock-ups or new concept stuff. I read it somewhere before that in auto industry, designers come up with great new ideas and concepts, and engineers tells them why that can't be done, marketeers will tell why it won't sell. A bunch of nay sayers who want their opinion count fixes the original idea, and comes up with a plain old regular car. That's exactly what happens every time on this forum. The irony is that Apple is completely opposite of that. Jobs says this is what he wants, and the rest have to come up with how to make it happen.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy reading the responses. or calling it bad, or you shouldn't post them. I just wanted to rant that it's very interesting.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Ok, serious question here. What is a tablet good for? I know that it has a bunch of niche spots it could fill. Ebook reader, touch screen computer (with lame, slow keyboard), and probably some others I can't think of. I see it this way: Apple came out with the Mac. It was a revolutionary approach to the personal computer. They came out with the iPod, it was a revolutionary music device. And of course, they came out with the iPhone. A revolutionary internet device, a revolutionary phone and a revolutionary iPod... all in one.

Apple likes to enter huge markets. Computers. Personal Music Players. Cell Phones.

I don't see where a tablet would revolutionize anything. I admit. It would be cool to play with. But how would it be any better than a laptop? You can draw on the screen? There's gotta be more there than that. Anyone care to give me some ideas as to how this will be revoluationary? I just see it as having the same functionality of a laptop to 95% of the population. Not really a game changer. Please prove me wrong.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:

k, serious question here. What is a tablet good for? I know that it has a bunch of niche spots it could fill. Ebook reader, touch screen computer (with lame, slow keyboard), and probably some others I can't think of. I see it this way: Apple came out with the Mac. It was a revolutionary approach to the personal computer. They came out with the iPod, it was a revolutionary music device. And of course, they came out with the iPhone. A revolutionary internet device, a revolutionary phone and a revolutionary iPod... all in one.

Apple likes to enter huge markets. Computers. Personal Music Players. Cell Phones.

I don't see where a tablet would revolutionize anything. I admit. It would be cool to play with. But how would it be any better than a laptop? You can draw on the screen? There's gotta be more there than that. Anyone care to give me some ideas as to how this will be revoluationary? I just see it as having the same functionality of a laptop to 95% of the population. Not really a game changer. Please prove me wrong.

Actually I did't want a new dicussion about IF the tablet comes or if someone NEED it. I know there are a lot of advocates an a lot of antis it was discussed very often and I think there wouldn't be an agreement untill a tablet is introduced! My idea of this thread was more the discussion of those who would like the tablet and to see, what they expect of it; of the design, the functions and the hardware!

BUT you ask and I dont't want to ignore your question and the arguements.

You're right when you say, that the tablet wouldn't be any absolutely new.

For me it would be more a step in the evolution of the apple hardware. Apple announces revolutionary gadgets like the iPhone or the Macintosh but there is something between! For example the Macbook Air was the gadget of the last year: it is thin but it ISN'T an absolutely new fiction. It is the evolution of the Macbook and it is there because there is a market for SUBnotebooks!

Now there is a boom of netbooks, a market for tablets and the appstore shows us that a playstation of apple could work!

So the 10" tablet could be all of it - it would be the evolution of iPod touch and Macbook, it could be the small netbook, the playstation and I would like it if you could use it like the Wacom cintiq (wich costs alone 1200,-Dollars and you need a computer to use it).

In this reasons I think the tablet would be profitable and I would love it and I know that not everyone will need it but there are a mac for everyone of us!