Snow Leopard -$99 for performance upgrade.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Snow Leopard - If it comes with a 29.99 Quicktime Pro as default. Would means you are actually only paying $99 for it.



So, $99 to make you mac faster. Should not be too hard to sell for Steve Jobs right?

After All, Snow Leopard will be so fast, you mac will Boom again

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post


    Snow Leopard - If it comes with a 29.99 Quicktime Pro as default. Would means you are actually only paying $99 for it.



    So, $99 to make you mac faster. Should not be too hard to sell for Steve Jobs right?

    After All, Snow Leopard will be so fast, you mac will Boom again



    $59 and you've got a deal.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post


    $59 and you've got a deal.



    Don't upgrade.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post


    Don't upgrade.



    Why? Is there a problem with Snow Leopard?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post


    Why? Is there a problem with Snow Leopard?



    Of course there is! It hasn't been released yet... I think it's too early to decide whether to upgrade or not.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lenny View Post


    Of course there is! It hasn't been released yet... I think it's too early to decide whether to upgrade or not.



    I agree. We'll see. I'm convinced it won't be simply a performance upgrade though
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    I agree. We'll see. I'm convinced it won't be simply a performance upgrade though



    Yeah they'll probably add a few things sweeten the deal.



    For me it is pretty simple. If Snow Leopard is full pop $130 and it doesn't make my

    lowly mini feel like a much faster or fluid system then i'll probably hold off a bit and let it mature and I may buy a new Mac with it already included and Apple could entice me with a quad core model (iMac)



    With pricing I try not to complain too much because in the end i'm going to do right by me and if that means waiting that's how it's going to be.



    I do think there is going to be a last minute UI change and devs will scramble to fix any niggling issues before releasing SL compatible apps.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post


    Yeah they'll probably add a few things sweeten the deal.



    Well... According to people familiar with the developer's preview, the OS 10.6 runs faster than 10.5 (even in the beta stage) and it takes less space on your HD because of the dropped support for PPC. So let's see what happens when Snow Leopard is released. As for me, I'm happy with Leopard but something tells me that I will upgrade.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lenny View Post


    Well... According to people familiar with the developer's preview, the OS 10.6 runs faster than 10.5 (even in the beta stage) and it takes less space on your HD because of the dropped support for PPC. So let's see what happens when Snow Leopard is released. As for me, I'm happy with Leopard but something tells me that I will upgrade.



    German Screen Grabs of SL show some nice tweaks



    1. QL and copying of clippings

    2. New audio/midi settings

    3. Better notification of app[s] blocking unmount

    4. Browsing and scrollable stacks

    5. Preview has some nice UI improvements

    6. Keyboard Shortcuts and service menu settings! Phew

    7. Correct HDTV resolution

    8. Autocorrect

    9. Auto printer download

    10. Font smoothing

    11. smaller app sizes.



    Nice to see some of these touches.
Sign In or Register to comment.