Snow Leopard -$99 for performance upgrade.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Snow Leopard - If it comes with a 29.99 Quicktime Pro as default. Would means you are actually only paying $99 for it.

So, $99 to make you mac faster. Should not be too hard to sell for Steve Jobs right?

After All, Snow Leopard will be so fast, you mac will Boom again

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Snow Leopard - If it comes with a 29.99 Quicktime Pro as default. Would means you are actually only paying $99 for it.

So, $99 to make you mac faster. Should not be too hard to sell for Steve Jobs right?

After All, Snow Leopard will be so fast, you mac will Boom again

$59 and you've got a deal.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

$59 and you've got a deal.

Don't upgrade.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Don't upgrade.

Why? Is there a problem with Snow Leopard?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Why? Is there a problem with Snow Leopard?

Of course there is! It hasn't been released yet... I think it's too early to decide whether to upgrade or not.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lenny View Post

Of course there is! It hasn't been released yet... I think it's too early to decide whether to upgrade or not.

I agree. We'll see. I'm convinced it won't be simply a performance upgrade though
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I agree. We'll see. I'm convinced it won't be simply a performance upgrade though

Yeah they'll probably add a few things sweeten the deal.

For me it is pretty simple. If Snow Leopard is full pop $130 and it doesn't make my

lowly mini feel like a much faster or fluid system then i'll probably hold off a bit and let it mature and I may buy a new Mac with it already included and Apple could entice me with a quad core model (iMac)

With pricing I try not to complain too much because in the end i'm going to do right by me and if that means waiting that's how it's going to be.

I do think there is going to be a last minute UI change and devs will scramble to fix any niggling issues before releasing SL compatible apps.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Yeah they'll probably add a few things sweeten the deal.

Well... According to people familiar with the developer's preview, the OS 10.6 runs faster than 10.5 (even in the beta stage) and it takes less space on your HD because of the dropped support for PPC. So let's see what happens when Snow Leopard is released. As for me, I'm happy with Leopard but something tells me that I will upgrade.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lenny View Post

Well... According to people familiar with the developer's preview, the OS 10.6 runs faster than 10.5 (even in the beta stage) and it takes less space on your HD because of the dropped support for PPC. So let's see what happens when Snow Leopard is released. As for me, I'm happy with Leopard but something tells me that I will upgrade.

German Screen Grabs of SL show some nice tweaks

1. QL and copying of clippings

2. New audio/midi settings

3. Better notification of app[s] blocking unmount

4. Browsing and scrollable stacks

5. Preview has some nice UI improvements

6. Keyboard Shortcuts and service menu settings! Phew

7. Correct HDTV resolution

8. Autocorrect

9. Auto printer download

10. Font smoothing

11. smaller app sizes.