Solution for poor iPhone app icon management proposed

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Once you have over two pages of apps to manage, configuring the small app icons into an arrangement that you like can become a very tiresome and troubling experience, with icons shifting from here to there, slipping over to the next page when you don't want them to, and requiring some effort in getting an icon across more than one page.

In a response to this difficult process, YouTube user svdomer09 has created a concept video of an app screen management system, in the style of an extra pane in iTunes. Made completely in Keynote, it seems like an obvious solution to a problem that started showing up within days of the app store's launch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I'd love to be able to manage my many home screens via iTunes on a big desktop screen.

On the phone, just one simple change would be very welcome: touch and hold any EMPTY slot to make a folder (and give it a name, and pick which of its contents to use as an overlaid corner badge).

Each folder would be a set of screens just like the home screen, and could contain other folders.

Personally, I'd use ONE home screen, maybe two, with lots of folders, and not mess with multiple pages until I got inside a folder.

And all folders (including the "home" folder) should allow more than 9 pages if needed.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bcodebcode Posts: 141member
    Simply elegant. I'd like to see a way to label screens in a subtle, non-intrusive way as well. Hopefully Apple has seen this demo.