Unboxed: Amazon Kindle 2 gets iPod treatment. Will it sell?

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    I think some people here will be happy to see this:

Kindle for iPhone
  • Reply 82 of 84
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I think some people here will be happy to see this:

Kindle for iPhone

Nice. At least Amazon appears to be more serious about eBooks than before. I'll get the app although it still looks a bit rough.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Nice. At least Amazon appears to be more serious about eBooks than before. I'll get the app although it still looks a bit rough.

I wonder if that is their strategy. Get you hooked on eBooks while pointing out that the iPhone (probably the most common way people current read books on electronic devices at this point) does not make a good eBook reader.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I wonder if that is their strategy. Get you hooked on eBooks while pointing out that the iPhone (probably the most common way people current read books on electronic devices at this point) does not make a good eBook reader.

Seems like a decent strategy.

Although the shortcomings of the iPhone as an ebook reader are often levied against dedicated readers too. Perhaps the biggest of these are screen size, legibility, and eye strained with prolonged usage. The difference being, each person's threshold for what is considered a worthwhile reading experience.