Apple introduces new iMacs with more affordable pricing

1111213141517»

Comments

• Reply 321 of 322
    Quote:

I'd love to see a link to this similarly speced AIO for £1000.

Me too. But on the other hand, Head on over to overclockers.co.uk. They've got plenty of mid-towers that knock the stuff out the iMac for far less money.

But then...just go anywhere on the internet and see how comparably specced PCs cost way more than Macs for the same price...with less choice of gpus etc. We know that 24 inch PC monitors cost way more than Apple's £600 LED dubri.

Personally, with me a communist...you KNOW I grudge Apple making a profit.

Especially mark-ups of £1000 plus just to upsell consumers on the merits of quad-core. Oh...wait. I forgot. Apple doesn't have consumer quad desktop. That must be the 'Mac Pro'...forgot. You have to be a workstation to have quad-cores in the merry land of Apple...(while at the same time...offering mainstream BTO gpus..or lame, rebadged 2007 Nvidia cards...as standard.)

Sterling? *Shrugs. I don't know about that. I do know that Apple sells the Mac Mini with 1 gig of ram for £500. A £195 computer if ever there was one. I do know they jacked up UK prices by a 'small' amount. Why am I complaining. It's not like us Brits haven't got the rain to moan about.

So when Phil Schiller tells me Macs are more affordable...I guess I should just run out and buy one...eh?

Lemon Bon Bon.

PS. It's not so bad. I'm watching the sky.. *Looks.
  • Reply 322 of 322
    Quote:

Care to enlighten us on that logic.

*Shrugs. What. Me? I just do what Steve says. I'm a Mac evangelist. I don't get paid to think. I pay Apple to think for me.

Lemon Bon Bon.