iPhone 3.0 listings show four all-new iPhone, iPod touch models

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    iProd = iProdigy ?
  • Reply 42 of 45
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,161member
    My guess is that iPhone 2,1 is an iPhone3G+ (GSM) and iPhone 3,1 is an iPhone for CDMA networks (e.g., Verizon).

The iPod 2,2 would be a bumped version of the current iPod touch. I'm thinking that iPod 3,1 would be a new touchscreen iPod nano and the old iPod OS would ride off into the sunset.

What the iProd would be is pure speculation, maybe the long-awaited tablet...
  • Reply 43 of 45
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmon View Post

So, is this a more flexible system than what RIM has? I hear the argument that RIM's push email is more sophisticated than Apple's but maybe it is much more limited and that the limitations will begin to become apparent over time as there are more and more ways in which Apple's Push is used that RIM's can't? I'm not knowledgeable about RIM's system - does anyone know if this is a fair analysis?

No idea. We'll have to wait until it's working.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Shape shifting technology?

You asked for it!

Link:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/16132...cade_away.html

This is a very interesting read!

I think it's more likely that more powerful future computing devices will be hidden in everyday objects and will basically be there to assist us whenever we conjure them up. Objects will communicate our status with each other, like the very best assistants and will help us to do whatever we want more efficiently... want to refill a prescription? Your pill bottle already told the pharmacy and updated your medical records... thinking of booking a vacation for the family? Your cell phone already followed your conversation and worked out an itinerary, all you have to do is confirm... etc., etc., etc.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I think it's more likely that more powerful future computing devices will be hidden in everyday objects and will basically be there to assist us whenever we conjure them up. Objects will communicate our status with each other, like the very best assistants and will help us to do whatever we want more efficiently... want to refill a prescription? Your pill bottle already told the pharmacy and updated your medical records... thinking of booking a vacation for the family? Your cell phone already followed your conversation and worked out an itinerary, all you have to do is confirm... etc., etc., etc.

There are certain thinks you can't hide, others you can.