iTunes 8.1.1 adds support for renting HD movies on computers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

According to the Read Me File for iTunes 8.1.1:

"HD movies from the iTunes Store are designed exclusively for Apple TV and may not be transferred to iTunes"

I'm completely mystified by how poorly organized movies are. If there's a way to simply browse "all available rentals" or "all available HD rentals" I can't find it.

Apple seems to assume that anyone coming to look at movies on the iTunes Store is just interested in the latest or most popular offerings, or already knows what they want.

The iTunes Store is in desperate need of a major overhaul, IMO.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'm completely mystified by how poorly organized movies are. If there's a way to simply browse "all available rentals" or "all available HD rentals" I can't find it.

Apple seems to assume that anyone coming to look at movies on the iTunes Store is just interested in the latest or most popular offerings, or already knows what they want.

The iTunes Store is in desperate need of a major overhaul, IMO.

In the left-hand side of the movies section of iTS, you should see panels labeled "iTunes Store," then "Top Movie Sales," then "Genres," and finally "More in Movies." The first selection available in this last panel is "All Rentals." But unless you want to browse through dozens of pages of titles, this is hardly helpful.

I agree that the store is pretty useless unless you know which movie you want to find -- even the "advanced search" is pretty limiting, not even allowing one to search according to customer rating
  • Reply 23 of 23
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

In the left-hand side of the movies section of iTS, you should see panels labeled "iTunes Store," then "Top Movie Sales," then "Genres," and finally "More in Movies." The first selection available in this last panel is "All Rentals." But unless you want to browse through dozens of pages of titles, this is hardly helpful.

I agree that the store is pretty useless unless you know which movie you want to find -- even the "advanced search" is pretty limiting, not even allowing one to search according to customer rating

Hmmm...... the first selection in the "More in Movies" pane, for me, is "HD Movies." There is no "All Rentals."

This is iTunes 8.1, maybe there's been an update I haven't bothered with?