Over 100 fixes in 10.5.7; Security Update 2009-002 in testing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    ikirikir Posts: 127member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Yeah, I hate people who actually want a quality product. They should just accept crap like everyone else.

It is called BETA for a reason. You're wrong, they are just stupid.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    martinzmartinz Posts: 92member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ikir View Post

It is called BETA for a reason. You're wrong, they are just stupid.

Gotta say I think that that was a general point, not just of Safari 4 (beta), which btw I would be damn surprised to see properly released with that awful, inexcusable tabs on top design not on by default - it wouldn't even surprise me if they removed the better option!

As for SL, which seems to have come up, I'm torn between wanting it sooner in the hope that it fixes Leopard's myriad issues, and wanting it later in the hope that it actually fixes Leopard's myriad issues.

The irony is that sitting here on Boot Camped Vista 64, I could very well be being attacked/hacked/whatever, but in terms of things that I notice that negatively affect my experience, there is a lot less to complain about than with Leopard.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    xpcxpc Posts: 12member
    I hope SL gets away from these monster sized updates... 730mb yikes... wish they offered burstable bandwidth consumer broadband.... I'd gladly pay for the spikes to 60mbs for the updates (that I have to sit thru, or at least pay attention to), then return to normal programming...
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Can't wait for the update. Apparantly 10.5.6 has a memory leak that prevents me from using the software that I bought a mac for properly.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Would hope permissions issues are fixed in 10.5.7 server

10.5.6 has been a cluster-xxxxxx