What Computer Would You Rather Have?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

I agree unfortunately, you'd need a time machine to get it.

One could say the PC I built at the beginning of this year was the middle ground I found, since I could have bought a Mac mini then. Instead I made a computer that Apple doesn't want to sell.

And while I can't say that I have never had a problem with monitors or USB devices, I fix those problems and life goes on. They aren't a constant hindrance like Tauron seems to think.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Which would you rather have: a Porche 911 GT ($200K) or a Toyota Prius ($25K)?

What exactly is the point of your poll?

I'd take the Porsche without a second thought. Even if I was paying.

But I'd really rather have the GT3 Cup car than a 911.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Mac mini. I don't even need as much power as the mini offers, much less the Alienware.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueBell View Post

Mac mini. I don't even need as much power as the mini offers, much less the Alienware.

What good is all that power when 50% of your CPU power is going towards scanning from malware and the other 45% is updating the 100 third party software you need to get the same functionality of a mac out of the box?!??!?!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Considering Alienware is owned by Dell, I'll take the MacMini thank you very much!
  • Reply 26 of 27
    One could say the PC I built at the beginning of this year was the middle ground I found, since I could have bought a Mac mini then. Instead I made a computer that Apple doesn't want to sell.

Oh, my answer, after thinking long and hard about it, is that I would live without video, because I would rather have music and the like, rather than video without the rhythm. Most video would lose its soul without rhythm. I listen to music whenever I can, and I would probably listen to music a lot more if I didn't have video related products surrounding me for a mass proportion of the day.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    what kind of a sick joke is this?

the Alienware is a whole lot better than the mini but I'd rather not use Windows even on a Roadrunner

But I'd take the Alienware sell it on eBay and buy a Mac Pro