Apple says iPhone 3G S pre-orders will be filled on time

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    ebolagpebolagp Posts: 28member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

The iPhone screen does not scratch. At least, not in any imaginable usage scenario.

I've had both the 2G and 3G as long as they've existed, never used a screen protector, dropped them plenty of times, and the screen is immaculate.

No reason to worry about scratches. ITS GLASS.

Dude, I have plenty of scratches on my iPhone (2G), glass or not. I don't mistreat it really - the worst I do it put in in my pocket without checking to see whether my keys are in there...
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebolagp View Post

ok, so I have a question for you guys... I preordered two phones from ATT on 6/11, but they are still "in progress" and I an pretty sure at this point that they will not make it to my house before next Monday.

Now, this would not generally be an issue, but I am heading out of town for a couple of weeks and will not be able to get it. ATT customer service told me that they cannot cancel the order at this time.

So... What is to stop me from going to an Apple store this weekend and picking up a pair of phones and then returning the ATT phones to an ATT store when they arrive. My credit card has not been charged for the ATT preorders and the ATT website still shows me as being eligible for upgrade pricing... (all this assumes, of course, that the Apple store doesn't sell out of phones before I can get there...)

Guys, I just received my shipping email and its being overnighted by Fed-Ex, Im assuming you will get an email soon too.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erik3306 View Post

I am in the same boat. There must be other people in the same situation. Did you try calling them to find out what was going on? I sat on hold for a half hour yesterday before giving up. Might try again this morning.

Did you happen to get through??? I'm wondering what's up. Mine has been sitting in "Prepared for Shipment" status for a solid 2 days and I'm really beginning to get discouraged...
  • Reply 44 of 44
    o_rlyo_rly Posts: 27member
    I was FINALLY able to get through the pre-order process on Apple.com today (long story)and it showed me the prices I was eligible for, had me pick a data/SMS package and then let me choose a store to pick it up.

But then there was a message that preauthorization isn't a guarantee of availability. Why even preorder?

Did anyone who did it earlier get a different result? I thought maybe I'd have something to print out, or a confirmation number, but.... nothing.