Apple releases iPhone Software 3.0

Comments

• Reply 121 of 380
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ramsey123 View Post

Spotlight does not seem to search the "note" section of the Contacts address book. It's able to search all the Notes files for all words but not in Address book. Nor can it search out a phone number that's in your Contacts list. Lame. Damn it.

It doesn't seem to search programs that have not been updated for 3.0 also.

I switched to using Notebooks instead of the built in Notes mostly because Notes didn't sync at that time but also to get rid of the uglies. Spotlight doesn't find any of those texts.
  • Reply 122 of 380
    Almost done!!!!!=)
  • Reply 123 of 380
    joeypk07joeypk07 Posts: 16member
    Forgot to mention the push notifications... those will be cropping up in apps now. That's a MAJOR change.
  • Reply 124 of 380
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sortarican4711 View Post

whats the final verdict on the build number?

3.0 (7a341)
  • Reply 125 of 380
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    i know it has been said, but that AT&T MMS disabling until "late summer" is really lame.
  • Reply 126 of 380
    Has anyone noticed that the notifications preference menu is missing?
  • Reply 127 of 380
    Hallelujah, it syncs notes with Outlook!
  • Reply 128 of 380
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Everything seems ok so far.

One thing odd is that when I looked for my programs, all I saw was the first screen with the new voice memos. The second screen showed City transit, but that's all. At first, It looked at though the other programs were gone, but the pages were still showing at the bottom, so i flicked, and they are there. It seems to have moved everything back one whole page, so now I've got to move them all back. Groan, that's six pages of apps!

A festering annoyance in the UI is the inability to quickly arrange apps via iTunes instead of on the phone/touch. It's a bleedin' chore!
  • Reply 129 of 380
    Got it to upgrade! Had to restore down to 2.0 and it put the iPhone in recovery mode. Then I clicked on Restore and it downloaded the current version (3.0) and updated it.
  • Reply 130 of 380
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Everything seems ok so far.

One thing odd is that when I looked for my programs, all I saw was the first screen with the new voice memos. The second screen showed City transit, but that's all. At first, It looked at though the other programs were gone, but the pages were still showing at the bottom, so i flicked, and they are there. It seems to have moved everything back one whole page, so now I've got to move them all back. Groan, that's six pages of apps!...

This happened to me too. It just bumped one app off of the home page because of the new voice memo app.

If you move that one "bumped" app off it's page, that page disappears and you won't have to move all six pages.
  • Reply 131 of 380
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justmemarcio View Post

Has anyone noticed that the notifications preference menu is missing?

It turns up only when an application has enabled push notifications. Otherwise, it's not there.
  • Reply 132 of 380
    Love it all, some great new little features, love the shake to shuffle.
  • Reply 133 of 380
    joeypk07joeypk07 Posts: 16member
    Exactly... just move the one bumped app somewhere and when you exit out of the screen editing the blank page will disappear... no need to move 6 pages of apps.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

This happened to me too. It just bumped one app off of the home page because of the new voice memo app.

If you move that one "bumped" app off it's page, that page disappears and you won't have to move all six pages.

• Reply 134 of 380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

It doesn't seem to search programs that have not been updated for 3.0 also.

I switched to using Notebooks instead of the built in Notes mostly because Notes didn't sync at that time but also to get rid of the uglies. Spotlight doesn't find any of those texts.

I just checked for updates to my programs, and all are up to date. I expected that a few, at least, would have already been updated for this. Possibly, Apple is holding them back for a day or so for enough phones to get upgraded.

Just a guess.
  • Reply 135 of 380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeypk07 View Post

Exactly... just move the one bumped app somewhere and when you exit out of the screen editing the blank page will disappear... no need to move 6 pages of apps.

Yes. I found that out too. Better than before.
  • Reply 136 of 380
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Yeah I was a bit surprised. I was expecting Meebo to be released today and was anxious to buy it. Not there yet...
  • Reply 137 of 380
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Smooth and fast install.

Everything seems to be working beautifully. Safari great improvement.
  • Reply 138 of 380
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yardsale View Post

Just doesnt seem like its worht 9.99$ for my ipod touch to give me what? Landskape keyboard, copy and paste, and a better calander....

Stereo Bluetooth (if you want that) is worth it to a lot of people and playing games against others via bluetooth is nice is you travel with friends/family often...
  • Reply 139 of 380
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Who makes the best stereo bluetooth headset? Anybody?
  • Reply 140 of 380
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harmsway View Post

I'm at work and cannot update til this evening. Can someone please post the "Snappiness" factor of 3.0

slower