iPhone 3GS spurs 400% increase in mobile video uploads to YouTube

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 46
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Why do your numbers remind me of a McDonald's sign?



    Hows my training coming along ?
  • Reply 22 of 46
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steve_arts View Post


    texkstud is so sad



    No I'm not- I gettin me an iPhone on Tuesday!!!

    This 3Gs video uploading will make it so much easier for my pornblog ( just kidding).
  • Reply 23 of 46
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    Hows my training coming along ?



    Great! Remember just keep it short and sweet.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Great! Remember just keep it short and sweet.



    Thank you ole grand pooh bah

    i just spent 1699 dollars



    Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

    15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display

    4GB memory

    320GB hard drive

    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

    Built-in iSight camera

    Illuminated keyboard

    ................................

    The gaming worlds awaits me .



    9
  • Reply 25 of 46
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 19,223member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    16 million sold.



    That is $5 billion in sales.



    Actually, it is more like ~$9B in sales (assuming an average price of $550 per handset deal with ATT). At a net income margin of 15% and P/E ratio of 15 that is $20B in equity market cap (or approximately $22 per share).



    Of course, that does not mean the stock price rises by that much, since a lot of it is 'replacement' value from an existing product; only a portion of it is from the incremental profit growth.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    What you said doesn't acknowledge that the Quicktime X framework, the heart of what makes this possible, wasn't ready two years ago.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Agreed! Isn't that what I said?



  • Reply 27 of 46
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,283member
    When will people quit thinking of the iPhone as just another consumer electronics product? It is a world beating, market changing, paradigm shifting, product redefining juggernaut. This is a perfect example of why AT&T did not allow Sling to work on their network. It is not that it can't be done on other phones; it is that on the iPhone, people would actually use it. Love it or hate it, the iPhone revolutionized the smartphone industry. Two years ago at Macworld, SJ said that the iPhone was at least five years ahead of anything else on the market. I am starting to believe it.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    Additionally, persistent rumors have Apple equipping its next-generation iPods with similar camera capabilities, suggesting the growth witnessed by YouTube in mobile video usage over the past several days is only the tip of the iceberg.



    Haha, can you imagine how badly that would show up the forthcoming Zune HD (barring Microsoft makes any last minute additions)?



    And if a built-in camera supported video recording, there's a very good chance it would include...a built-in mic! Hello Skype calling sans headset.
  • Reply 29 of 46
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post


    What you said doesn't acknowledge that the Quicktime X framework, the heart of what makes this possible, wasn't ready two years ago.



    Will that QuicktimeX framwork also make it easier for me to RIP my DVD's and movies easier than it is currently done.? Some will play in iTunes but not Apple TV and then not iPod and so on. It's like how many formats of the video do I need?
  • Reply 30 of 46
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    No Quicktime does not recognize, interact with, or play DVD's at all.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Will that QuicktimeX framwork also make it easier for me to RIP my DVD's and movies easier than it is currently done.? Some will play in iTunes but not Apple TV and then not iPod and so on. It's like how many formats of the video do I need?



  • Reply 31 of 46
    slang4artslang4art Posts: 376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by plus View Post


    The largest majority???



    As opposed, perhaps, to all those other, smaller majorities?



    May we recommend the esoteric term "vast" for such situations? (As in "vast majority", "preponderance", or even the more ponderous "majority by far".) I know it's comprised of but four letters, but its use surely would lend a greater verisimilitude of erudition!



    Paul



    This post screams awesome... in the face of small children... at the library.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    davidtdavidt Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo



    hi brucep



    sounds good, enjoy it!



    -D
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Why do people post it directly to youtube on the iphone 3gs? It down converts the resolution .
  • Reply 34 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post


    Why do people post it directly to youtube on the iphone 3gs? It down converts the resolution .



    It?s quick and easy.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    Thank you ole grand pooh bah

    i just spent 1699 dollars



    Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

    15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display

    4GB memory

    320GB hard drive

    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

    Built-in iSight camera

    Illuminated keyboard

    ................................

    The gaming worlds awaits me .



    9



    Time to catch up with Teckstud. Start to make all sorts of comments on how much you hate your own expensive, crappy, overhyped etc. etc. Apple-sucks-b***s MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post


    Time to catch up with Teckstud. Start to make all sorts of comments on how much you hate your own expensive, crappy, overhyped etc. etc. Apple-sucks-b***s MacBook Pro.



    YEA go name your self after a chip . Frito.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post


    lol, when will youporn allow mobile uploads?



    YES red tube is the one .
  • Reply 38 of 46
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    YES red tube is the one .



    It's a pity Steve banned pr0n apps from the iPhone. Apple's probably losing millions a year in app, iPhone and Mac (for developers, etc.) sales.



    And now with the video recording direct upload feature... <sigh> missed revenues, old Steve-o, you prude.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post


    It's a pity Steve banned pr0n apps from the iPhone. Apple's probably losing millions a year in app, iPhone and Mac (for developers, etc.) sales.



    And now with the video recording direct upload feature... <sigh> missed revenues, old Steve-o, you prude.



    the porn apps are there on jailbroke phones . many many porn apps

    Steve is concerned about pedophiles more than porn .

    Porn is an un-stoppable force

    Soft is as far as i go.

    Lingerie and stuff





    9
  • Reply 40 of 46
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    the porn apps are there on jailbroke phones . many many porn apps

    Steve is concerned about pedophiles more than porn .

    Porn is an un-stoppable force

    Soft is as far as i go.

    Lingerie and stuff



    9



    Problem with the soft stuff is it's actually harder to search for without getting all the hard stuff. At least, urm, that's what a, um, friend told me...



    Seriously though of course its a good move by Steve/ Apple, otherwise Parental Controls on the iPhone would be really quite difficult to implement, having an Adults Only section of App Store/ iTunes would be quite complicated given the amount of games and the wide availability of App Store in many countries (much much more availability than iTunes Music or iTunes TV/Movies).
Sign In or Register to comment.