iPhone marketing head goes to VC firm; iTunes breaks records after Jackson death

124»

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DdubRes79 View Post


    Your post has 'Denial' written all over it. This article says it much better than I did though:



    […]



    The article you quoted is about how society as a whole viewed Michael before and after his death, not about your claims that being different from the average person is proof that he was a child rapist. As I stated, he very well may have been, just as you very well may be one for all we know, but just we have no proof about your association with NAMBLA you have no proof about him being sexually attracted to young boys. Also, you’ve again failed to address any of the anomalies in these pedophila claims. No one is saying he is innocent as we simply don’t know, but at least put down your torch and pitchfork, and try to be objective. Making an absolute statement that rich people who own llamas (taken from your quoted text for hyperbole sake) must be pedophiles is an absurd line of thought.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post


    If this isn't a joke, it's a bit beyond the pale.



    Who are you to talk like that to anyone? Why would you have the power to "ban" someone for stating an opinion? Even if you somehow have sway with this site and have the power to ban someone, how could you ban someone for calling someone a "jerk" and then turn around yourself and say things a thousand times more horrible yourself?



    It's sure interesting when these "social" topics come up on a tech blog and you find out that someone who seemed smart and informed on the tech side of things is in reality some kind of raving hate-filled madman on a political or social issue.



    I hate it when Apple Insider publishes these threads that have social implications. It lets one see the slimy underbelly of people that we would otherwise socialise with gladly.



    HEY COOL DOWN



    It is not beyond the pale .You are going on and on about stuff that is not conerning me.



    This poster called another member here a pedophile. That WILL get you BANNED if you call other people such bad names .



    MAYBE my post was not clear .or MAYBE you read it wrong .



    I never said i could ban anyone .Nor do i call anyone here names. I did that once and got a point against my name.

    I never did it again.



    You really lostme on the raving hate filled madman ? me ? Please refresh my mind on exactly why you think his about me ?



    I await your reply .



    peace



    9
  • Reply 63 of 66
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    The article you quoted is about how society as a whole viewed Michael before and after his death, not about your claims that being different from the average person is proof that he was a child rapist. As I stated, he very well may have been, just as you very well may be one for all we know, but just we have no proof about your association with NAMBLA you have no proof about him being sexually attracted to young boys. Also, you?ve again failed to address any of the anomalies in these pedophila claims. No one is saying he is innocent as we simply don?t know, but at least put down your torch and pitchfork, and try to be objective. Making an absolute statement that rich people who own llamas (taken from your quoted text for hyperbole sake) must be pedophiles is an absurd line of thought.



    I fail to see your point. Many here are splitting hairs about MJ sex .



    MJ did all the classic pedophile actions . He got himself greatly involved every day and all day long with underage children like a pedophile teacher or coach would. His theme park is also a vechicle for him to meet little boys. He slept at night with little boys. He fed them jesus <booze> juice . HE PAID OVER 20 MILIION IN LAWSUIT OR HUSH MONEY.



    I am an adult. I have 2 little boys. I understand where and what the proper lines are. These action by me and 99.9 percent of all people come natural .SADLY MJ thought his pedophile nature was normal. All his great music down the drain.



    Some people here loved MJ alot just like OJ. I regret if stating simple facts offend you. I loved MJ once .



    9
  • Reply 64 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    I fail to see your point. Many here are splitting hairs about MJ sex .



    MJ did all the classic pedophile actions . He got himself greatly involved every day and all day long with underage children like a pedophile teacher or coach would. His theme park is also a vechicle for him to meet little boys. He slept at night with little boys. He fed them jesus <booze> juice . HE PAID OVER 20 MILIION IN LAWSUIT OR HUSH MONEY.



    I am an adult. I have 2 little boys. I understand where and what the proper lines are. These action by me and 99.9 percent of all people come natural .SADLY MJ thought his pedophile nature was normal. All his great music down the drain.



    Some people here loved MJ alot just like OJ. I regret if stating simple facts offend you. I loved MJ once .



    9



    DdubRes79 alluded to MJ being a child rapist simply because he was different from the average person. I say that all such evidence is circumstantial and there is plenty of, perhaps even more, contrary evidence to say that his action were merely from a very sad and lonely adult who, as a child, never had a childhood.



    I know adults who have purchased a toy from their childhood simply because they never got it when they were a child. What if you never had a childhood, would you use your vast riches to try to recapture that lost childhood? I surely can’t answer that because his life story is so far removed from my own, but neither can DdubRes79 or you, so claiming "he raped children for fun because he is not like me" is erroneous logic.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,491member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AjitMD View Post


    I think a lot of these artists are overpaid for what they do. The worse are the rappers... many have criminal histories and are still able to make $millions with vulgar "art". In comparison an Electrical Engineer with a PhD that takes up to 10>11 years after hi school, will may be make $120k/year. A Cardiovascular Surgeon that takes up to 18 years to train after hi school, near perfect scores may make may be $300-400k/year. Some grunt fighting in the military on foot in Afghanistan does not make enough to buy a shack in most urban areas.



    Reminds me of what was happening at the Colliseum while Alaric was at the gates of Rome.



    We live in a society that is obsessed with sports and media figures and as a result, they make tons of money. In some cases they may deserve it (a star who can "open" a film to a $60 million opening weekend) and in many cases not. While I don't like and don't listen to rap music and it does upset me that the core music culture is largely based on jail culture, the fact is that every argument I can make against rap and urban music sounds exactly the same as the arguments my parents' generation made against rock & roll and that all seems absurdly silly now. In the 1950's, the police used to frequently bust Alan Freed's concerts - when we look back now, what we see are a few mild vocal groups dressed in fancy clothes singing in harmony and the powers that be acted like Rock & Roll was going to destroy the world.



    The problem is that it's not like sports, movie or music prices are going to decrease if the athletes/artists made less - the money would simply go to the companies that own their products and given a choice, I'd rather see the money go to the athlete, actor or musician than some executive.



    The fact remains that in the music business, while top artists do amazingly well, most musicians, including many famous ones, barely earn a living and most recording artists never earn more than their royalty advance, except for money they get from touring, which is now being taken over by record companies anyway, since they no longer earn much from recorded music. In the movie business, "A" list actors do command $15-20 million for a film, but everyone else tends to get scale. You'd be surprised how little most actors get for cable-TV movies and shows.



    We have never valued teachers since we place more value on fame and financial success than on education and so we pay teachers crap at the same time we complain about the quality of education in this country.



    And even those who support U.S. wars haven't lifted a finger to help life for the military. We should raise the price of gasoline by another $2 per gallon and give it to military salaries and health programs for those injured. Then we'd see how much support there'd be for the war. It's easy to support war(s) when you don't have to make any sacrifices for it.



    One of the original concepts of Marxist/Socialist societies was that you should be paid according to how terrible your job is. So the military, sewer workers or garbage collectors would theoretically be paid more than doctors. But that didn't quite work out either.



    I think in the future, we're going to have a shortage of doctors in this country. Except for surgeons, most doctors no longer generate substantial revenue especially considering insurance, office and educational costs. We already have a shortage of engineers and scientists.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    nceencee Posts: 837member
    [QUOTE=solipsism;1441772]Your statement that Michael building a theme park means that he must be sexually attracted to children is like saying that Disney (which IS aimed at Kids) was Walts way of getting kids ?



    Was MJ weird ? hell even I'd say yes!



    Does or did he look MORE guilty for paying folks off ? hell yes! Does that initofitself make him guilty ? no!



    Will folks come out of the woodwork, and CLAIM to have had sex with him ? you'd better believe it, with all of the money that will be floating around, and lawyers looking to get a piece of this pie, man this will be a field day.



    Did he / his music influence musical history ? hell yes!



    Should Apple / Amazon / a EVER record store donate the moneys generated by sales of his music? Come on folks, no one did when they should Elvis, Johnny Cash and so many others music after their deaths.



    Hell, if they start selling Farra Faucets posters, should that money go to charity?



    How about any and all products sold now because of Billy Mays, what do we do with that money?



    Now don't say - "Well, they weren't pedophiles, so MJ's case is a different one".



    Folks, in a few weeks this will be history ? let's all live for today, and get on with our own lives.



    Skip
Sign In or Register to comment.