about halo

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi. my mbp c2d just came in yesterday and before this i was using a pc. i have halo for the pc & im wondering if there's any way to get it to run on my mbp. any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swiftstyle

hi. my mbp c2d just came in yesterday and before this i was using a pc. i have halo for the pc & im wondering if there's any way to get it to run on my mbp. any help would be great, thanks.

1. Download Bootcamp from http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

2. Use Bootcamp to burn a drivers CD

3. Use Bootcamp to partition your drive (stick below 32GB to be able to use FAT32)

4. Bootcamp will reboot your machine and wait for you to insert an XP SP2 disc - it must be SP2

5. Begin the Windows installation

6. Once Windows is installed, run the drivers CD

You can choose to boot up either Mac or Windows by holding the alt-key. This method will run most if not all your PC games because it's making you Mac just like a Windows PC. You have the best of both.

There are ways to run some PC games without Windows but they are not reliable. Crossover is one of them and some virtualization solutions support DirectX but Bootcamp is the way to go.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    After you install Windows through Bootcamp you can also choose which OS you want to boot up into by pressing and holding the 'menu' button on your remote control after pressing the power button on your MacBook, enjoy!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    alright, thanks a lot guys.