Can Photobooth pics w/ effects be made normal?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just wonderin, it is possible to convert Photobooth pics that were taken with effects back to normal? It's all just software, but is there anything out there that will do that? I have a whole bunch of pics that would look alot better without the effects. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I know it's a lame question, but if anyone feels like taking a stab...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    nope i dont think so.....
  • Reply 3 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I know you're probably thinking that the information was taken normally in through the camera, and then altered by the software, therefore it could be re-altered by that same software. I don't think it can be though, I think the information was taking into the computer the way you saw it (in the Photo Booth Window) at the time - with the effect added, and therefore cannot be altered as you want to be made to look normal.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    ok, thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

From my experience (over 100 pictures and counting, hey it's addicting, guess it'll wear out in a while) with Photo Booth, I believe that it doesn't take a picture of you and applies the effect as Ireland has pointed out above, but it instead places you in the window with the Effect acting as a layer ontop of it modifying anything in it's view angle (especially obvious with Dent effects) and takes a screenshot of the box in Photobooth with the effect layer on top of it, so no editing is actually done when you take the picture, it just takes a picture of both you and the Effect.

So yeah, no editing it to Normal

"addicting" is not a word. Not being smart or anything, but it's not. Another thing that American people say is: "I could care less". They think that means they couldn't care less, because they want to care so little they couldn't care to a lesser extent. They actually should be saying they couldn't care less, because if they can't, then they are not doing much caring.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Null.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    just sayin'
  • Reply 9 of 13
    How is "addicting" not a word?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    As an Irishman, he doesn't believe in the word. Nor 'alcoholic', 'inebriated', or 'naw, I've had enough'.

As a Scot, I should know.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Null.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by novice1111

How is "addicting" not a word?

It just isn't, that's how the English language works. Some words exist, and some are just made up. Take the word 'tribble' for example. A large group of people think it's a word, but I assure you it's not

Try use "addicting" in a game of 'Scrabble' and see if you get away with it (not that I play or anything, good game though).
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Null.