non-sense spam

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I registered to ask a question about nonsense spam being code to someone about something, but now cannot locate the thread. The last I read, the nonsense was inserted to get past spam filters. What if the entire email is non-sense? I see a lot of it. Here is an example from today:

Tells everything begin dreams worksheets.

Cool, lots moresave latest, thomas harris describes hannibal, lecters.

Zealand kayaking biking word orderto quotation. Uploading udpquery, secondary disconnect designed reduce load twothirds quantity. Solutions magazine, openings sip, boardroom suite snapshots tmc labs? Coverage valuing selling, deal buy modern.

Illness, reutersus looks disney?

Name voices industry revamped relaunched.

Glance quotyour speakers ive! Experience management headsets, hybrid fax trunking ivr.

Success productive successful quotgo basicsquot increase earning?

Store, hot discs gwen, stefani american.

Graphics, bank county officials are trying.

Computer read virus checking viruses kapsules contain.

Sitting strongly consider ans. Cbs, dailyboot campchip airraising. Desk wall we have?

Following lite grokster explorer. Purchases, designated entering addresses case purchased licenses logs. Exception common such, appear.

De, maacutes este es compacto, faacutecil usar le? Everything begin dreams worksheets graphs buying dummies covers. Updates spotlight flu find shots. Pledged solid ansa reported farewell results reexamined there charged. Media made claims simply, false one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I don't get it. What's it's purpose? I've been seeing the same stuff and it's baffling. There is no purpose and it's more of a red flag than if it has a subject of "Hi" or "Hello sexy".
  • Reply 2 of 4
    keotkeot Posts: 116member
    It's spam-filter poison. It's designed (as nonsensical as it looks) to confuse your spam-filter, so that eventually your spam-filter will be marking enough legit emails for you to stop filtering for spam. Hence resulting in you actually reading some spam.

I'm not sure what to do about these, but I'd guess that you should delete them outright and not mark them as spam.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've enjoyed my random spam. Someone was lazy and just copy/pasted William Shakespeare's "The Tempest" into a series of about 20 emails. Reading it again had been fun.