iPhone to sport metal casing and virtual click-wheel?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    I tend to doubt Apple would price an entry-level phone at $599. It seems like $249 would be more like it unless the iPhone is much more than just another cell.

Based on the latest rumors, here's what it could look like:

Basically, it's a screen that can be anything you want it to be: iPod, cell phone, Web browser, email client, iChat client, digital camera, PDA (contacts and calendar), movie player, etc. The screen would change depending on what you wanted to do.

I sized it roughly 2.2" wide and 3.5" high. Runkle said .4" thin which sounds about right. Anyway, this is just a rough guess.
  • Reply 42 of 58
    I don't find that design very compelling. Recent Samsung phone designs, even their "candy bar" form factor are far more attractive than most of these recent rumored designs. Try again, lads.
  • Reply 43 of 58
    My first time visiting this site, but they claim the iPhone will come out Monday. Not much info on the page

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellp...day-221991.php
  • Reply 44 of 58
    audiopollution...the world is round.
  • Reply 45 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

I don't find that design very compelling. Recent Samsung phone designs, even their "candy bar" form factor are far more attractive than most of these recent rumored designs. Try again, lads.

Ah, so you'd like a slab with a ton of buttons and maybe Windows Mobil running it? Something like the Samsung Blackjack? That doesn't seem to be Apple's way.
  • Reply 46 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NavyUSA

audiopollution...the world is round.

I saw that before you edited the post.

Welcome to Banville.
  • Reply 47 of 58
    Arn at MacRumors points out that Brian Lam at Gizmodo has done this sort of thing before:

iPhone Announcement on Monday?
  • Reply 48 of 58
    By "doing this sort of thing" do u mean blowing smoke out his arse or getting announcments right.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo

Arn at MacRumors points out that Brian Lam at Gizmodo has done this sort of thing before:

iPhone Announcement on Monday?

• Reply 49 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight

By "doing this sort of thing" do u mean blowing smoke out his arse or getting announcments right.

A few months ago he claimed to have some Apple news that he would be releasing. It was all a wind-up. The news was actually about Tivo.
  • Reply 50 of 58
    maybe its VoIP for .mac accounts
  • Reply 51 of 58
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    My first witness of a banning on AI, I got to respect that low number being witnessed.
  • Reply 52 of 58
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancm2000

maybe its VoIP for .mac accounts

It better be something cause these rumors lately are driving me nuts.
  • Reply 53 of 58
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

This analyst is way off base...unless Apple has actually devised a tiny phone that you swallow like a pill, which then attaches to your brain stem to scan for thoughts of placing phone calls.

On the other hand, can this analyst be fired for sheer stupidity?

just for kicks the gi track doens't connect directly to the brain stem (except for some politicians ha ha), both would have to have wireless connection and an inplant. motion throught the gut would need to be adressed and the potential for environmental issues with the "waste pill" probably will get the negative attention of greenpeace. needs a different connection, or different hardware design. maybe ask the zoon keepers for a gut zoon.

she won't get fired because bunches of people will read the article on which there are ads which put money in the pocket of her editors, cha ching. it's an attention getting no more. let SJ speak then i will listen.
  • Reply 54 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo

Ah, so you'd like a slab with a ton of buttons and maybe Windows Mobil running it? Something like the Samsung Blackjack? That doesn't seem to be Apple's way.

Not at all. I don't have the model name and number, but the salesman I know with the phone I saw was as sleek as the best iPods, slim and smartly designed, nice bright screen, with nice weight and balance in the hand. Not cluttered with junk most people don't need or want. A very well designed phone.
  • Reply 55 of 58
    This is a sweet video of what the iPhone COULD look like. If it looks anything like this, i'd speed $500.00 for it for sure, but now way is it going to have that sized screen in such a slim casing. It's pretty none the less.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wd5dAqIq_...elated&search=
  • Reply 56 of 58
    So the iPhone turns out to be IPhone from Cisco.
  • Reply 57 of 58
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    That or Cisco quickly grabbed a free advertising ride when the fuss started to rev up.
  • Reply 58 of 58
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thadgarrison

Who in God's name would spend $600 for a phone. That's ridiculous. I think even hardcore Apple fans will raise an eyebrow at that.

I think they'll need to label it something other than a "phone" in order for it to sell. They'll need some kind of catchy vague name and it'll need to do everything - phone, camera, music, photos, video, email, chat, calendar, appt. book, etc.

Then, maybe, you'll be able to get rich people to purchase enough to drive the price down.

I spent $600 on my Sony Ericsson P800 (it has dropped in price since), and the same for a Trio 650 for my nephew - and the P910 was $1000 when it came out. There is a pretty big market for $600-$1000 phones. People just don't realize how much unlocked phones cost, because they get a deal with a 2-year plan.