Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta to drop this friday

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au

Do you know if they are going to release Indesign CS3 beta at all?

All indications are ONLY PhotoshopCS3 for Mac PPC, Mac Intel, Windows at this stage.
  • Reply 42 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moogs

[blip]

Nothing on DRADIS yet.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dradis)
  • Reply 43 of 62
    A few first impressions:

- I registered for the 30 day trial. After re-opening the app, it says I only have 2 days left... wtf?

- The new icon and splash screen look incredibly boring!

- Overall feels really snappy on my 2GHz Core Duo MacBook.

- I really like how all the toolbars/palettes fade in/out when you switch from PS to other apps and back.

- I guess with the switch to Xcode, we're still not ever going to see adherence to Apple's methods and HIG :-( Still no sheets, buttons in non-standard places, no Core Image, proprietary Help Viewer, not even live-resizing of windows!
  • Reply 44 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bborofka

- I guess with the switch to Xcode, we're still not ever going to see adherence to Apple's methods and HIG :-( Still no sheets, buttons in non-standard places, no Core Image, proprietary Help Viewer, not even live-resizing of windows!

To me, this is absolutely unacceptable.

Adobe gets an F for a timely release, an F for making people beta test its software, an F for adherence to HIGs and a C- for new functionality.

Chizen...you suck.
  • Reply 45 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moogs

Hey Artman (as in Artman from Philly right?), how the hell are ya? Long time no see. Hey my condolences about the Flyers.

Hey Moogs! Flyers? Sixers? Phillies? Go Eagles!

I'm going to be interested with the reviews on this beta...I decided not to download the Windows version. I've forgotten how "fun and easy" it is to install and un-install Adobe products on Windows.
  • Reply 46 of 62
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    It refuses to accept my CS2 serial number. Edit: Nevermind, I finally saw that I need to go here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitl...photoshop%5Fsn to enter my serial.
  • Reply 47 of 62
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    What are the new features of CS3?
  • Reply 48 of 62
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Universal Binaries

Dynamic and Smart Filters

Improved Camera raw support

Better selection tools

Better cloning and healing.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murk

It refuses to accept my CS2 serial number. Edit: Nevermind, I finally saw that I need to go here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitl...photoshop%5Fsn to enter my serial.

It won't take mine there. Says it's invalid - but this is a corporate license on my work computer. So very odd.
  • Reply 50 of 62
    You guys are not alone mine won't work either and 6 more friends have the same issue. It looks like a wide spread issues with the serials not being accepted.

Hopefully adobe will fix it quickly.
  • Reply 51 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol

To me, this is absolutely unacceptable.

Adobe gets an F for a timely release, an F for making people beta test its software, an F for adherence to HIGs and a C- for new functionality.

Chizen...you suck.

uh, you don't HAVE to beta test their software. some of the new features are very nice. smart filters is a big big change and one i've been waiting for for a long time. the interface is weird visually but it might just be a neutral one they put in place for the beta. who knows?
  • Reply 52 of 62
    They had the form online before the program accepted serials. If you download it now, it doesn't even ask for a serial.
  • Reply 53 of 62
    I just ran the Retouch Artists Speed Test with CS2 and CS3beta knocking my macpro's time down from 80 seconds to 45, restarting the machine each time, following instructions properly. (4x2.0 Ghz processor, 2Gb Ram, X1900 graphics card).

Seems a Quad is still faster, as well as some Windows results, but my pens and brushes are responding noticeably sharper and faster, so far pretty happy.

http://www.retouchartists.com/pages/speedtest.html
  • Reply 54 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

They had the form online before the program accepted serials. If you download it now, it doesn't even ask for a serial.

There is a two day trial... that could be it... maybe.
  • Reply 55 of 62
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau

it'll run great.

but for those of you with windows installed on your macbook, just download Paint.NET . It has nearly all the functionality of photoshop and its free. Looks and works identical. $659 for photoshop my goodness....

http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

A few brain cells of mine just died.
  • Reply 56 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

There is a two day trial... that could be it... maybe.

OK. As far as I understand, you download straight up, you get Photoshop CS3. This is a two-day trial. You go somewhere on the site and then enter your "valid" Photoshop CS2 serial, then they give you a Photoshop CS3 serial that unlocks the 2 day trial to up to Spring 2007. Now where's that "valid" Photoshop CS2 serial of mine... Hmmm...
  • Reply 57 of 62
    I downloaded CS3. It is not worth it. Yes it is faster, but it is probably buggy, and their aren't many new FEATURES yet. Mainly some rearranging of tools and stuff, but no huge no features.
  • Reply 58 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

I downloaded CS3. It is not worth it. Yes it is faster, but it is probably buggy, and their aren't many new FEATURES yet. Mainly some rearranging of tools and stuff, but no huge no features.

You've been a bit negative today ...But that's cool, we need checks and balances to fanboi streaks of inspiration...
  • Reply 59 of 62
    actually, non-destructive filters is a huge feature. i don't see how anyone could say otherwise.
  • Reply 60 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

You've been a bit negative today ...But that's cool, we need checks and balances to fanboi streaks of inspiration...

Hmm. Wonder why... I'm actually quite happy.