***The Official New Displays Thread***

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Post your display productions here. Will the New Displays have built-in iSights? Lower price? More inputs?

I think we might see new displays that will have a optional iSight and maybe a HDMI port.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    D.) None of the above.
  • Reply 2 of 41
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I'm praying that Apple can deliver a 24" Cinema Display with DVI, HDMI and HDCP-Component with PIP and a built-in iSight for $799.00. Most likely they would want $999.00 for it, though.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Three panel displays.

Good for science project use.

----

Just kidding. It would be really nice if Apple would improve the displays and add more inputs (I don't want a TV in my office as well as my monitor), but I just don't see it happening soon nor at MWSF. The displays tend to go a long time before being upgraded.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    The camera will be built into the display (i.e. behind the pixels-patent).

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 5 of 41
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho View Post

The camera will be built into the display (i.e. behind the pixels-patent).

-=|Mgkwho

Macwolrd 2010.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Macwolrd 2010.

• Reply 7 of 41
    NOT MWSF 2007. With Leopard, Cinema Displays should probably have iSight or some form of camera. Perhaps built -into the screen? I highly doubt it, but maybe.
  • Reply 8 of 41
    hsehse Posts: 4member
    Didn't Apple stop selling the iSight camera? That should be a pretty good hint that the new Displays will have built-in iSight.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HSE View Post

Didn't Apple stop selling the iSight camera? That should be a pretty good hint that the new Displays will have built-in iSight.

The old iSight had problems with lead. So they might be introducing a new iSight. iSight 2.0 if you will.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C.A.T.S. CEO View Post

The old iSight had problems with lead. So they might be introducing a new iSight. iSight 2.0 if you will.

Not an iSight360 then?
  • Reply 11 of 41
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    I'd buy an 802.11 based iSight with remote control panning capability [as security monitor].
  • Reply 12 of 41
    They really need to lower the price substantially, if nothing else. I just bought a Dell 20" widescreen for less than half the price of an Apple.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    What I'd like to see:

Apple Studio Display (consumer)

19" Widescreen

1440x900

5MS Response Time

700:1 Contrast Ratio

Front Row and iSight $349

Apple Cinema Display (Professional)

20" Widescreen

1680x1050

6ms Response Time

1600:1 Contrast Ratio

Front Row and iSight $699

24" Widescreen

1920x1200

6ms Response time

1000:1 Contrast Ratio

Front Row and iSight $999

30" Widescreen

2560x1600

8ms Response Time

1000:1 Contrast Ratio

Front Row and iSight $1999

This would be pretty much an update of existing displays to the newest panels, adding iSight and Front Row Capability, and adding a consumer model based on the popular 19" panel.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris v View Post

They really need to lower the price substantially, if nothing else. I just bought a Dell 20" widescreen for less than half the price of an Apple.

The 20" Dell is actually a consumer model while Apple's is a higher end 20" professional model.
  • Reply 15 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

What I'd like to see:

Apple Studio Display (consumer)

19" Widescreen

1440x900

5MS Response Time

700:1 Contrast Ratio

Front Row and iSight $349

why 19"? why not 20"?
  • Reply 16 of 41
    Quote:

why 19"? why not 20"?

1. You'd confuse the consumer and professional models

2. There's about an $80 difference between the 19" and the 20" on the PC side. This may not be much for the deep pockets of hardcore Macdom, but for switchers or lower end Mac users it is a large chunk of change.

3. Having a display with this panel myself, I can tell you it is more than large enough for all but the most demanding consumers.
  • Reply 17 of 41
    Quote:

1. You'd confuse the consumer and professional models

2. There's about an $80 difference between the 19" and the 20" on the PC side. This may not be much for the deep pockets of hardcore Macdom, but for switchers or lower end Mac users it is a large chunk of change.

3. Having a display with this panel myself, I can tell you it is more than large enough for all but the most demanding consumers.

But why 19"?! Apple has no reason for making another display size. and who would confuse a 20" thats meant for consumers with the pro one? Thats like saying that there is no difference between a Apple 20" display and a Dell because they are both 20". There maybe a difference in price but most people won't notice. And I'm not saying that the 19" is too small. Why 19" when you can have 20"?

PS, If you want a cosmetic difference between the pro and consumer model, then why not have the consumer model all plastic (white or black)
  • Reply 18 of 41
    Quote:

Why 19" when you can have 20"?

$80 which would be closer to $100 from Apple. When you're dealing computers that under $1000, that's a lot of money. The 19" widescreen panel has pretty much become the new entry level standard.
  • Reply 19 of 41
    I'd LOVE HDMI for when Blu Ray players become affordable, and an IR reciever for FR, not so fussed about iSight but that'd be great!

More USB ports would be best for me though, I'll be getting the 23' (hopefully 24') in Feb for my Black Macbook so a matte black display would be brilliant! 8)
  • Reply 20 of 41
    Quote:

The 20" Dell is actually a consumer model while Apple's is a higher end 20" professional model.

What makes it higher-end and "professional?" They use the same panel, from what I understand. They do have a cheaper 600/1 contrast ratio model, but I got the 800/1 model refurbed for $289.00. It looks friggin great, aside from the Dell logo on the front.