Airport Base Station

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Sorry if this happened a while ago and I missed it. But where's the Airport Base Station gone? I was checking out the UK Apple Store and there's no sign of it. Only the Airport Express (which now works with your interent connection - I don't think my original Express could do that could it?)

If the Base Station has only recently gone what is to be replaced with? The iTV perhaps? Seems like an odd marriage.

Anyway, apologies again if this has all be explained before.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

Sorry if this happened a while ago and I missed it. But where's the Airport Base Station gone? I was checking out the UK Apple Store and there's no sign of it.

It is here on the US site.

Well, not actually the Airport Base Station. . . the Airport Extreme Base Station replaced it about 3 years ago. Anyways, it is still for sale here.

Quote:

Only the Airport Express (which now works with your interent connection - I don't think my original Express could do that could it?)

I ordered my Airport Express hours after it was announced. Though I have used it mostly for streaming AirTunes, I set it up as my mothers wireless router off digital cable just two days ago. No new functionality that.

Quote:

The iTV perhaps? Seems like an odd marriage.

Anyway, apologies again if this has all be explained before.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Airport situations is rearranged quite a bit in the coming months. With iTV and draft n and all, there is bound to be a few changes. Nothing that has happened yet, so far as I know...

Hope this helps...