Creative Players

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I dont wana hear all the iPod fan boys flock this thead, so if your gonna say just buy and ipod please dont post. Do creative players work with mac's? I heard it just acts like an external harddrive is this true?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post

I dont wana hear all the iPod fan boys flock this thead

You came to the wrong forum for that, son.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Well, depending on which Creative player you mean, there is this:

http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Creative Zen Vision: M, I heard you can drag and drop music onto it? So before I buy one I wana make sure it works with my iMac.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Bump.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

I dont wana hear all the iPod fan boys flock this thead, so if your gonna say just buy and ipod please dont post. Do creative players work with mac's? I heard it just acts like an external harddrive is this true?

I assume you just hate the iPod then.... Oh well.

As far as I know at the moment, No.

According to Creative's Site on the Zen Vision: M...

Quote:

Minimum System Requirements

Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 1 or higher) / XP 64-bit

Intel® Pentium® II 350MHz or AMD K6®-2 450MHz

64MB RAM (128MB RAM recommended)

USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 recommended for faster transfer)

170MB free hard drive space

I think that Answers it.

Sebastian
  • Reply 6 of 12
    a friend just bought this one for me for xmas:

Its a pretty nice video ipod knockoff that does more than Apples'....

\t

SanDisk Sansa® e200 Series MP3 Players

The Sansa e200 Series MP3 players are the flagship products of SanDisks audio line. Created by the leaders in flash memory, this flash-based player provides everything you need for music, photo, and video clip playback.

The very attractive, sleek design includes a 1.8 TFT color screen with advanced navigational features and an easy to use interface. You can also avoid scratches and cracks with the durable metal backing. The Sansa e200 provides superior sound playback and supports Microsoft PlaysForSure subscription music. The SanDisk Media Converter supports most image formats to enjoy photos and small personal videos.

Now available in 8GB capacity, the largest capacity in the market! The Sansa e200 provides a microSD card slot for content portability and additional capacity with your 2GB, 4GB, 6GB or 8GB units.

\t

* Sleek, thin design with large 1.8? TFT color screen for easy viewing

* Strong alloy back casing provides excellent durability and scratch resistance

* Simple to use, backlit controls for fast device interface navigation

* User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life (Battery Life Based on Continuous, Standard Playback, 128 Kb MP3 file)

* Features microSD? expansion slot for additional memory capacity

* Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash and Gruvi content cards

* Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording**, and voice recording

* No FM-tuner is available in Europe

* Supports Subscription Music Stores, does NOT support .aa (audible.com)

* One year warranty

unfortunately it works with:

\t

* Windows XP

* Windows Media Player 10+

Intel Pentium class PC or higher

CD-ROM drive

USB 2.0 port required for hi-speed transfer
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post

a friend just bought this one for me for xmas:

Its a pretty nice video ipod knockoff that does more than Apples'....

SanDisk Sansa® e200 Series MP3 Players

The Sansa e200 Series MP3 players are the flagship products of SanDisks audio line. Created by the leaders in flash memory, this flash-based player provides everything you need for music, photo, and video clip playback.

The very attractive, sleek design includes a 1.8 TFT color screen with advanced navigational features and an easy to use interface. You can also avoid scratches and cracks with the durable metal backing. The Sansa e200 provides superior sound playback and supports Microsoft PlaysForSure subscription music. The SanDisk Media Converter supports most image formats to enjoy photos and small personal videos.

Now available in 8GB capacity, the largest capacity in the market! The Sansa e200 provides a microSD card slot for content portability and additional capacity with your 2GB, 4GB, 6GB or 8GB units.

* Sleek, thin design with large 1.8? TFT color screen for easy viewing

* Strong alloy back casing provides excellent durability and scratch resistance

* Simple to use, backlit controls for fast device interface navigation

* User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life (Battery Life Based on Continuous, Standard Playback, 128 Kb MP3 file)

* Features microSD? expansion slot for additional memory capacity

* Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash and Gruvi content cards

* Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording**, and voice recording

* No FM-tuner is available in Europe

* Supports Subscription Music Stores, does NOT support .aa (audible.com)

* One year warranty

unfortunately it works with:

* Windows XP

* Windows Media Player 10+

Intel Pentium class PC or higher

CD-ROM drive

USB 2.0 port required for hi-speed transfer

Theoretically it would seem that with an SD Card Adapter and an SD Card, you could use it with the Mac anyways?

Sebastian
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Well according to another site that the Creative Vision M acts like a removable harddrive on a mac. I Just want confirmation from someone that it actully does.

I don't hate iPod's, jsut that creative vision m, has SO MANY more features than the iPod Video. I have alot of friends that have had there ipod videos breaking alot. I had an elder ipod who sketches out alot.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Well according to another site that the Creative Vision M acts like a removable harddrive on a mac. I Just want confirmation from someone that it actully does.

I don't hate iPod's, jsut that creative vision m, has SO MANY more features than the iPod Video. I have alot of friends that have had there ipod videos breaking alot. I had an elder ipod who sketches out alot.

A removable HDD is different then a Media Player. Most Media Players act as Removable HDDs (except the Zune ) but I don't believe any songs you might stick on it in that mode will actually be read by the Creative Zen. It's basically there just not "there"

Sebastian
  • Reply 10 of 12
    What about that software I posted a link to? That looked to me like it would work, but I don't know if it is compatible with this particular Creative player..?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    I actually wrote Creative last year about the Zen. It looked interesting and I am a teacher who tries to use the latest in tech for my students (some of who travel a lot).

Simple question: Does the Zen work with Mac?

Creative's creative answer: A very long diatribe about how advanced the audio/video formats are on the Windoze platform and how Creative's products only work with the advanced systems. It was pretty long, obviously a prepared response, and was pretty blah in its appeal.

In short, don't buy Creative; let them slowly go out of business.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I actually wrote Creative last year about the Zen. It looked interesting and I am a teacher who tries to use the latest in tech for my students (some of who travel a lot).

Simple question: Does the Zen work with Mac?

Creative's creative answer: A very long diatribe about how advanced the audio/video formats are on the Windoze platform and how Creative's products only work with the advanced systems. It was pretty long, obviously a prepared response, and was pretty blah in its appeal.

In short, don't buy Creative; let them slowly go out of business.

Windoze is an advanced System? It has devolved further then it has evolved. I once read this in a forum:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Some Random Person in a random Forum I forgot about but memorized this

Windows is essentially a 32bit Extension and Graphical Shell to a 16bit Patch of an 8bit Operating System coded for a 4 bit Microprocessor by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1bit of competition!

If that's advanced, then technology advancement is overrated turning out poor results.

Sebastian