April iMac?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    i sure hope they will upgrade their graphic cards on imacs... i'm planning to get a mid range imac... maybe 20 inch. i think x1600 is getting a bit old now. anyone think will upgrade it in the next version of imac?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by killamike View Post

i sure hope they will upgrade their graphic cards on imacs... i'm planning to get a mid range imac... maybe 20 inch. i think x1600 is getting a bit old now. anyone think will upgrade it in the next version of imac?

One of the cool things about an around-April serious iMac upgrade would be that the next-generation of both NVIDIA and ATI cards'd be out just in time to be fresh included. And at least the high-end of the GeForce 8 Series (the only one already out) suggests quite the qualitative leap.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    I have saved up around £900 in the last 6 months to get an imac, and plan on waiting till March to get an imac.

To ask a simple question - do any of you beleive the design is likely to change much within the next 12 months, and i mean drastically? for instance, i dont mind buying in March and it getting thinner in April, or buying March and a new feature becoming available in December, however i would be pretty miffed if i spent £700 (a lot for a student) and then it change drastically aka the change from g3/g4 or similar thus making my purchase look outdated.

I guess we wont know until after mac world, however are they likely to announce new products during the year, if they were not announced at mac world?