Numbers/Charts Screenshot Appears on ThinkSecret

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

So the reason these Images suck is because there is no Formula Inspector in the currently non existent Images of the Inspector in Lasso?

This is a pretty accurate Image, if it isn't real, it is as close as you can get to it being real without it being real.

Sebastian

I'm actually on the fence, yeah. 8) ...If it is real, then it means that the Formula Inspector is somewhere around but not shown. If there is no Formula Inspector at all, then that image is bollocks.

Now, you take the BLUE pill, and you go back and believe whatever you want to believe....
  • Reply 22 of 29
    What is the deal with the term "Lasso" -- For the old skool Mac'heads that's the web-middleware thing for FileMaker. I don't think Apple would use it in any major way, even for naming parts/features within an application??? Of course the Photoshop "Lasso" tool gets away with it, for well, historical reasons, I think
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

So the reason these Images suck is because there is no Formula Inspector in the currently non existent Images of the Inspector in Lasso?

This is a pretty accurate Image, if it isn't real, it is as close as you can get to it being real without it being real.

Sebastian

Hey actually why did you use the term "Lasso"...? 8)
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Nice, thanks for the info back - I like the quick review feature.

Yes, the lack of instant cross-app edit is a bit of a pain at times. LinkBack looked like it was going to solve that problem, but it seems to have stalled, darnit.

Oh the pain of my Honours thesis (4th year of Bachelor O' Science) comes sharply back whenever I hear of EndNote. THe pain, oh the paiiin..................
  • Reply 25 of 29
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
    I'm wondering what that Reorganize button is supposed to do that is grayed out in the toollbar.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Hey actually why did you use the term "Lasso"...? 8)

I'm using the term Think Secret has been using.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Think Secret

Clarifying information surrounding the name of the forthcoming application, sources say Apple has yet to settle on an official one, leaving the door open to "Charts," as previously noted in Think Secret's first report; "Numbers," which Apple trademarked last year and many presumed was intended for a spreadsheet application, or another name altogether. Sources report the application is being developed under the code name "Lasso," while the iWork '07 suite as a whole is code-named "Garlic."

Sebastian
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G-Dog View Post

I'm wondering what that Reorganize button is supposed to do that is grayed out in the toollbar.

I'll take a wild Guess...

Let's say you accidently put the Right Information in the Wrong Places, Reorganize might help you switch them around.

Sebastian
  • Reply 28 of 29
    I hope they don't release that. It's far too plain.

The Icon isn't very believable for my either. NOO Apple icon's have words on them. (Legible ones anyway). On top of that, no home user will at all understand why the heck "Lorem", "Ipsum", etc is in their icon. Keynote is a podium, Pages is an ink bottle, Numbers/Charts/Sheets should be an embossed ledger. That sounds like a good portayal. You used to always give speeches at podiums, you wrote with pen and ink, and you "keep the books" in your books.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macserverX View Post

I hope they don't release that. It's far too plain.

The Icon isn't very believable for my either. NOO Apple icon's have words on them. (Legible ones anyway). On top of that, no home user will at all understand why the heck "Lorem", "Ipsum", etc is in their icon. Keynote is a podium, Pages is an ink bottle, Numbers/Charts/Sheets should be an embossed ledger. That sounds like a good portayal. You used to always give speeches at podiums, you wrote with pen and ink, and you "keep the books" in your books.

It's as close to real as it can get without actually being real

Sebastian