Macworld: Teaser banners drape Macworld venue

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aqua OS X View Post

Apple plans to place a giant Apple logo into orbit in order to block out the sun. It's a lot like that episode of the Simpsons where Maggie shot Mr. Burns.

ROFLMAO
  • Reply 22 of 36
    666666 Posts: 134member

That guy is totally picking his nose. Welcome to the future, ya'll.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Sure, there are so many product predictions it's all gone crazy. Thank goodness there will be a common message to make sense of it. And the blessed iLeader shall deliver this message from the iHeavens. Long may he reign so that our desperate need for *actual* shipping products and services and media shall be fulfilled, a cup ever overfloweth.

Amen!
  • Reply 24 of 36
    New phone New phone drool New phone New phone New phone drool New phone New phone New phone New phone please please please drool drool drool. Please be an Apple phone unveiled at MacWorld so need a new cool phone!!!!
  • Reply 25 of 36

Looks like Bob Newhart will be providing security for MacWorld this year.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    He's not picking his nose. He must be wiping away a tear as he is overcome by being at this auspicious event.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Looks like Bob Newhart will be providing security for MacWorld this year.

Actually now that I look closer, it appears Bob is talking on an iPhone.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    Na I reckon they've got something up their sleeve- a surprise is not a surprise I you go and give it away is it? Apple have obviously realised that as soon as they put up banners and posters images will be posted here and every other Mac rumour-mill site on the net. In my opinion Apple are going to reveal something pretty big and they really want a loud cheer for it at the Keynote.

Expect the unexpected!! And I will say I told you so!
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Quote:

Apple plans to place a giant Apple logo into orbit in order to block out the sun. It's a lot like that episode of the Simpsons where Maggie shot Mr. Burns.

MAGGIE DID IT???!!!??? Thanks alot for blowing it for me... guess there's no need to buy season seven...
  • Reply 30 of 36
    Quote:

Will it be constructed at the Google moon base?

Will the rebel alliance stop him in time?
  • Reply 31 of 36
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by damoof View Post

To me, the "F" in "Conference" looks higher than the other letters.

More likely it's the same type of sign you see at gas stations with prices or show listings at movie theaters. Being a little too critical you think?
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShadowT77 View Post

MAGGIE DID IT???!!!??? Thanks alot for blowing it for me... guess there's no need to buy season seven...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Oh your sarcasm kills me. I needed that, it's been a boring day at the office.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988 View Post

i love how we talk about the most random things on this site...

e.g. The lettering.

and good god i cant wait:-)

I wouldn't knock it so much. Knowing the font that Apple likes to use is one thing that helps some people spot the fake banners. Good graphic designers choose and use fonts carefully and consistently.

I think the slogan repetition is a bit much though.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:

Uh oh! A Daytona Dodge Chager! Kevin and Alex are sure not to attend, now! \
  • Reply 35 of 36
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Quote:

Has anyone considered that the "Welcome to 2007" signs are just replacing drab, black covers that usually grace the entrance?

Sounds plausible. However AI says there are still black-covered banners somewhere else inside?
  • Reply 36 of 36
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    I think this lack of no specific products may mean that something more tectonic is afoot - a merger or acquisition announcement. Steve loves to do this kind of thing out of the blue. I just hope it doesn't involve a 30-foot image of Bill Gates on stage.