Almost decided not Verizon...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have Verizon for 1 more year and I am actually getting tired of my Video iPod. What are the odds of a new non-phone iPods being announced tomorrow?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    just wait 10 hours and then you will know for sure
  • Reply 2 of 9
    what on earth does that have to do with verizon?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    No iPod+Cingular/iPhone/MoPho/etc.... CONFIRMED.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

No iPod+Cingular/iPhone/MoPho/etc.... CONFIRMED.

Does that mean no phone or just none of the names?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    Wall Street Journal reports that Apple and Cingular have signed a deal; but that doesn''t imply a phone will be released tomorrow.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    tombtomb Posts: 29member
    More on the Wall Street Journal thing. Man, Apple stocks are about the flattest I've seen for the night before. Usually they do a significant rise the day before. Oh well...

\
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomB View Post

More on the Wall Street Journal thing. Man, Apple stocks are about the flattest I've seen for the night before. Usually they do a significant rise the day before. Oh well...

\

Hmm the article says:

"Cingular Wireless is expected to provide wireless service for a new cellular phone from Apple Computer Inc., according to a media report Monday evening.

The new phone and service could be announced as early as Tuesday, according to a report on The Wall Street Journal's Web site that cited unnamed people familiar with the situation. "

Hmmm ... new service? As in its not Cingular - but an Apple branded phone and service (ala Disney Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO))?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    The stock is flat due to hedge funds putting on pressure to hold the price for next week's options Friday. A hike will come, but be pushed back down quickly by profit takuing and fund pressure. Same with next week's financial report. Only after the 22nd will the stock be able to find it's true niche.