Macworld: Apple expected to surprise at Macworld Expo

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    mark2005mark2005 Posts: 1,158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Here's the link to an article plus video: Sony to bring Internet video to Bravia flat TV

The article says Sony is partnering with AOL, Yahoo, and Grouper Networks. Anyone conspicuously missing? Yes, Google-YouTube.

Now combine with the Gartenberg (who I think is NDAed) note that "the partners that they bring to the table will be as important as the devices and the technology" for the iTV or iPhone, at http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/a...ple_tho_1.html

I've been wrong many times before about Apple, but I'm betting Mr. Schmidt will show up onstage at MacWorld tomorrow. Too bad that one didn't show up in the bingo card.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    I FLY!

Biggest news from MacWorld ~ Partnering with Google
  • Reply 44 of 45
    will have live chat and blog from Mac World

Come to www.tradersplayground.com for livr chat and blog of todays keynote

The Day of the MacWorld is upon us. And possibly the most important day for AAPL in many years

Elo playgrounders today I find myself experiencing a much colder morning here in San Francisco than I am used to back in Miami. This chill of temperature is though in no way diluting the heated speculation and anticipation to todays big Mac World annual Steve Jobs keynote address, witch for the first time will be covered live by yours truly.

We will today be bloging from the Keynote live as-well as reporting strait into the # theplayground chat room.

Im proud to www.tradersplayground.com is the first financial Community ever to cover this event live, so I will be offering to your the relevance of any new products and how this may affect our investments respectfully.

This MacWorld in particular is of great importance to investors since it marks many firsts as-well as new markets being entered. I will next go on to outline what these are and also there relevance.

1) Fact Not Rumor

First holiday Quarter for Intel Based Macs in all categories and Market Share GROWTH.

Now that all macs can run windows if a person wants to make the switch they can do so without any sacrifice. This has brought about market share gains but now this will be the first holiday quarter and it seams like we may have a new record in mac sales.

Fact is that this holiday season the Ipod was the top selling MP3 player on www.amazon.com but ofcorse this is no surprise. But the more interesting thing is that for the first time ever the apple laptops and desktops sold more this holiday season than any other PC maker. This we reported on earlier and its significance is huge.

Remember in previous mac worlds steve jobs has decided to give computer and ipod results during his MacWorld keynote speech. If this was to happen today at the beginning of the peach we will see a early rally on the stock.

2) Fact Not Rumor

A TV Set top Box scheduled for release this quarter, and with it the first New consumer device class introduced by apple since the introduction of the original Ipod during a MacWorld 5 years ago.

As many of you know I have been involved with the entertainment industry for sometime, since with my brother starting my first Record Company when I was 16 years old. Now in the end U can make a lot of money in Music , but nothing compared to the revenues derived form Movies.

For the fact is that the itunes music store makes very little of there music download success but instead derives there profits in this segment from sales of the ipod. On the other hand movies will surely be a much more profitable arraignment for AAPL since the margins on each movies sold are sure to be much more lucrative. And here we enter into AAPL becoming not only the dominant distributer of legal music online but also the dominant player in online Movie Sales.

What would be positive for us today would be for AAPL to announce that it has made partnerships with more movie studios for distribution on itunes.

And a demonstration as-well as release of the apple TV set top box that streams these movies wirelessly from your computer to your TV.

We know it will be through 802.11 but we dont know if instead-of using 802.11g they may make the industry shifting move to 802.11n.

With such a move movie streaming would be a cinch for AAPL, I am expecting to hear a lot about the AAPL TV set top box and there movie strategy today.

3) Rumor high probability

A new Ipod Phone under the apple brand.

now an entry into the cell market would be again another big first and the rumors speculate a simple phone with ipod capabilities as-well as a second smart phone with a keyboard. the second ipod phone may not be ready to be presented i this mac world.

Either way this is a very likely rumor and if it comes to fruition we will definitely see Wall street respond b providing us with a nice rally.

In realty many of us have phones with may features but the simplicity factor has never been there, all have calendars few use them, exetera.

Creative though in cell phone market are all but non existent ad the PDA market is dry with substandard operating systems from Blackberry and Microsoft.

There is not real art in this segment and one I think AAPl is in a unique position to right from the starting gate make a HUGE entry into. Ofcorse this is true because everyone and there mom wants an ipod and everyone needs a phone, but the very fact that the operating systems are so very dry can give AAPL a unique opportunity to offer into this segment a little of creatively of design with the intent of bringing about true ease of use with power of features.

4) Rumor high probability

New Macs, witch I dot know but new computers may be introduced as is often the case. There are even rumors of a Mac Nano hehehe. now this one I would not know how likely it would be to come since the Mac mini is about the smallest desktop on the market today.

5) Rumor high probability

Iwork 07 Software release with SpreadSheet.

now we all saw the demonstrations Microsoft did of its new office suite, and surprise surprise it seams like they revamped it to more or less become a copy of apples very intuitive production suite known as Iwork. Now Iwork was always missing something Office had and thats a good Spreadsheet program. The rumors from good sources are that this will be included in the next Iwork 07 release.

5) Rumor Other and hard to tell how likely

Other than that the speculation runs ramped but here it becomes .

A) My favorite and something I would love to see AAPL do and I have mentioned this in the past. The use of Ichat on a Ipod Phone. Now I think apple if they wanted to they could make a phone that ran on a standard like G3 or edge that was a 100% internet device but also a voice over IP device forgoing the silly idea of minutes to talk. But more importantly than that with Ichat video conferencing AAPL could really change they way we communicate if they brought that into such a device, I mean who cares about calling regular numbers if it only did video ad audio conferencing I would get it. But if the technology is there to bring this out i this mac world I would not know.

many older macs can not initiate multi-person video conferences as is, so to do video conferencing may take processor intensive device.

B) Larger Screen

Remember Apple was the first to introduce a 23 inch computer flat screen with high pixel depth, and ofcorse dell hp and other followed as they always do and come a year or so later introduced there own. Then AAPL Apple computers introduced there 30 inch high pixel depth Screen, and by the way as I type away in the cold of a San Francisco morning I must say I miss my 30 inch sooo much. now ofcorse Dell and HP after some lag of time offer similar screens at 30 inches. so if the computers are upgraded then perhaps we will see this of the screens as-well.

3) A tablet Mac

hmm dont know about this rumor maybe the nano mac would fir the bill

D) flying Mac elfs , hehehehe I dont know there are so many rumors many valid with patents from apple to back them, from new keyboards to keyboards where U can change the face of them , all new revolutionary stuff if U look at AAPL patents but witch are ready for prime time I do not know but what I do know is the first few things that I mentioned are the stock movers.

So cross your fingers if U have a heavy jan options stake like I do and consider straddle play if U do not for remember this chart is beautiful, It could move 5-10% today intraday. It is as perfect of a technical set u as I have seen in a long time

Add a Comment

Stock Picks Treasure FOR MacWorld Steve Jobs Keynote The Most Important day for AAPL IS TODAY FOR the MacWorld Keynote, If U dont already have options now would be the time to get them, and if U want less risk do Straddle options stake. Stock can Move 5-10% INTRADAY TODAY

Stock Picks Treasure FOR MacWorld Steve Jobs Keynote The Most Important day for AAPL IS TODAY FOR the MacWorld Keynote, If U dont already have options now would be the time to get them, and if U want less risk do Straddle options stake. Stock can Move 5-10% INTRADAY TODAY

www.tradersplayground.com
  • Reply 45 of 45
    The opportunities for integration of a phone into Apple's business model (home media) are endless. Among them:

1) iChat - seamless, whether on your home wifi network or roaming at Starbucks. Works just like a Skype phone. Contact list, who's available, etc. Better than push-to-talk. Maybe best of all... video conferencing with iSight/iChat users. Expect iChat for Windows, of course.

2) iTunes - I think this is the primary fit for an Apple phone. Built in iTunes. Subscribers can preview shows (and music) at ITMS from anywhere, order and have it delivered to their iTV. At home, the phone makes a very convenient remote to preview what shows are already loaded and ready to view. Connectivity, too, with your iPod-capable auto sound system.

3) iSync - Of course...

4) OS X Mobile - Lynx (insert your favorite little cat here...) offers all the apps you have come to love. iWork, iLife, Safari, Mail, iPhoto, iDisk, etc. Snap those fotos with the phone's built in 3 megapixel camera and upload them at your leisure to iWeb or just mail them off to family/friends. Video? Fire it off to YouTube.

Three hours to keynote... I'm not sure I'll survive that long...