Anyone else thinking along these lines?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Now, see, I'm all excited about getting the iPhone. I have a completely crappy Motorola Razr V3. I don't like it at all, it's a joke. Cingular set up the horrible software poorly, the screen constantly gets dirt under it, and the whole phone is a joke. I've been a huge fan of Apple ever since they announced/released the iPod nano (which I immediately purchased, btw), and when I heard rumors of an Apple iPod-like phone, I was very happy.

Now, see, I want to buy an iPhone as soon as it's on the market. I'm in love with this thing. But part of me says that I should wait for around a year or so for an upgrade, which will most likely be a better value. My main thing is that Apple is notorious for releasing substantial upgrades a year or so later (e.g. the 8GB nano for the same price as the original 4GB one).

Is anyone contemplating about waiting to purchase the iPhone because of this reason (or something similar)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I plan on waiting because I bet within 6 months the iPhone will be 3G. Believe me, EDGE is just marginally better than dial-up (in my limited experience) and everything is moving to the next level, which in Cingular's case is 3G. So yeah, I plan on waiting until Apple/Cingular release a 3G iPhone.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuzz_ball View Post

I plan on waiting because I bet within 6 months the iPhone will be 3G. Believe me, EDGE is just marginally better than dial-up (in my limited experience) and everything is moving to the next level, which in Cingular's case is 3G. So yeah, I plan on waiting until Apple/Cingular release a 3G iPhone.

yeah, my Razr uses EDGE, and it's nothing special. I can't download pics because that would destroy my bandwidth limit and even loading articles from ESPN.com is ridiculous. No 3G is definitely an unintelligent move on Apple's part.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    it's disappointing, i really hope Apple changes that before the June release...