An AirExtreme related question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Excuse me,

I have a small question that I would like to ask for some help with, if it would be possible. I am currently trying to access airport internet services on my G3 Ibook, and have found that the card that I am using- An AirExtreme USB card- is going unrecognized by my computer. Am I missing a driver? My computer was supposedly compatible, although it could be that I've missed something, somehow... I do not claim to be technically proficient with Mac's, but I would like to lend what I know to the problem, especially if it'll help with finding a solution... Just let me know what you need, if anything, and I'll get on finding it. I appreciate and look forward to any responses, thank you in advance!

Mr. Keaton

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Try this link:

http://www.ioxperts.com/products/80211b.html

You can download a trial version to see if it does work for you;registration is 19.95.Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thank you, but I forgot to mention that I'm running OS 10.3, actually.. I'll try the other link they have, and cross my fingers, though! In the mean time, does that clear some things up?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Sometimes these drivers will install an extension that makes it possible for the OS to recognize the hardware.I installed a similar card on a G3 Powerbook once and it lit up but would not work until the drivers were installed.BTW I was running Tiger in that Pismo and it worked perfectly fine.