problems sending emails on macbook.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
my parents have been experiencing problems sending emails from there macbook. They use a third party email service (I.E. Hotmail via safari) now my thinking is the server connection with the laptop. But I think it may also be the fact that they dont have .mac, which would allow them to send emails from there mac. thats just my thinking.

Any suggestions would be great.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Bump. Someone please help. 19 views and no response c'mon.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Finalblink View Post

Bump. Someone please help. 19 views and no response c'mon.

OK

What hardware exactly? How are they connecting to the internet? What kind of router/connection?

Also, what happens when they try to send? What have you tried to fix the problem? Can they send any e-mail? Software up to date?

It could also just be a browser issue. Have them try the same thing in another browser, like IE or Firefox.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

OK

What hardware exactly? How are they connecting to the internet? What kind of router/connection?

Also, what happens when they try to send? What have you tried to fix the problem? Can they send any e-mail? Software up to date?

It could also just be a browser issue. Have them try the same thing in another browser, like IE or Firefox.

Nevermind, it turns out they were trying to send emails to my school, and my school filter would block out the email. they can send emails normally though. Wish they would of told me earlier.