Apple TV: not that great

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    yes, but we can't expect normal customers to hack the Apple TV can we?

And arguing that people already have a DVD player and a computer is silly. The point is that you can use the Mini for everything the Apple TV does, and your DVD does, and you do not have to have a big & ugly & noisy computer in your livingroom. Which is all good features for me and my family.

Another good thing for me is that the Mini does not occupy my HDMI port. So I can Put a PS3 there eventually.

It also works well with the eyeTV-stuff for HD broadcasts. (For whenever my broadcasters start transmitting HD.) And I can Stick a few nice firewire Harddrives on it for all the space in the world. It can do 5.1 sound. It runs Handbreak.

And mine does HD beautifully. I'm no expert in HD algorithms. But I downloaded the 1080i trailer for Frank Millers 300 and some other HD content. And it looks great. I doubt most people would be able to point out the flaws in the mini's HD playback capabilities.

So I'm not saying the Mini is better for everyone, but that your statement that the mini doesn't do as much or work as well was untrue. At least for me.