I never thought I'd ask.... but.... buy now?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have an order sitting online waiting to be activated for a LOADED 24" iMac. I want to take advantage of the discounted Final Cut Express (save over $200 when purchased with new hardware) but reading here at the forums, and the fact that there appears to be new hardware coming.... I'm hesitant! To take advantage of the software sale, I have to order by tomorrow (Tuesday)

Should I order???? (I can't believe I'm asking for advice! LOL!)

The current 24" iMac will do all that I want it to do.... and I keep computers for a LONG time (I'm writing this on the very first G4 imported to Canada).

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Real Batman View Post

I have an order sitting online waiting to be activated for a LOADED 24" iMac. I want to take advantage of the discounted Final Cut Express (save over $200 when purchased with new hardware) but reading here at the forums, and the fact that there appears to be new hardware coming.... I'm hesitant! To take advantage of the software sale, I have to order by tomorrow (Tuesday)

The current 24" iMac will do all that I want it to do.... and I keep computers for a LONG time (I'm writing this on the very first G4 imported to Canada).

Thanks for your help!

Waiting for Apple to release new hardware these days is a lot like watching paint dry every afternoon because you don't have anything better to do. If you want that deal, I don't know the specifics of it, go ahead because even if Apple releases something the very next day, you'll still have a rocking iMac to look forward to. But if you don't need it at all for any reason, then you can probably afford to wait. You'll need to upgrade eventually though.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

I have an order sitting online...but reading here at the forums, and the fact that there appears to be new hardware coming.... I'm hesitant! To take advantage of the software sale, I have to order by tomorrow (Tuesday)

Well, you may as well wait until tomorrow to see if they release anything--they usually do it on Tuesdays...

If not, remember, everybody seems to expect a shakeup in the iMac line--with strong rumors of some design changes--between 12 hours and 3 months from now (or longer). (I coulda been an analyst )

** If saving $200 is more important than being on the cutting edge, don't wait.

** If you are going to be bummed for several years because you coulda had X, Y and Z if you had just waited a month or two then wait.

It sounds like your purchace is not urgent. I would probably wait.

Besides, if they do come out with a new line and it does not excite you, look for the discounted, clearance of the old line (what you would have bought now). It may balance out your expired $200 deal!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Good points and great advice from both of you! Thanks!

I'll wait....

• Reply 4 of 6
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    Isn't the discounted Final Cut Express, etc always there when you buy a new system (I remember it being there in 2003 when ordering my G4 MDD).
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Write View Post

Isn't the discounted Final Cut Express, etc always there when you buy a new system (I remember it being there in 2003 when ordering my G4 MDD).

According to the on-line store, the offer was only available until March 27th. Perhaps it is quietly available after the 'drop-dead' date.... I'll see!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

If you are interested in purchasing Final Cut with your 2-foot iMac, you should wait until at least NAB. Expect something Final Cut related to happen at NAB (the graphic on the invite is the same graphic on the Final Cut box).