In short: Apple & Pixar options update, CS3 Apple demos, MagSafe

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    FYI the new plastic around the magsafe power adapters has nothing to do with insulation. It, actually to do with the LED lights, and slight more room to keep the properly soldered in place, and a different LED model #.

This is because there is quite a few magsafe adapters that now don't have the LED light up at all, even though they are working.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    If someone at at the Apple store does that to you, I suggest you do this simple little thing. Tell the asshole you want to buy the power adapter then "since he says it's your fault, but you disagree", then after paying. Call then number on the back of your card, WHILE STANDING RIGHT THERE. Tell the rep you want to charge back something, because the item in question was broken, and the company won't respond.

Tell him thanks for the free power adapter and leave. (And if your a real shithead offer to buy an extra one the same way, for next time)
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Also all power adapters go bad, in my office I have 3 dell laptops, 3 macbooks, two dell poweredge servers, and a bunch of other old computers. All my new dells have had repair already, especially new power adapters and batteries. The only difference there is you can buy "gold support" with dell, and they always have a rep on campus who just replaces stuff the same day...

But then I only use my dells for testing dell hardware.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Geeze, you have a pretty unproductive marketing department. How the hell can you work with CS1? The different from CS1 to CS2, is hours, and hours of productivity, especially for a group of designers.

And if you actually fucking cared about your damn arts department you'd know that Adobe will sell you CS2 right now, and mail you free CS3 on the 27th... But that's just the info I found out when I spent 30 seconds on the phone.

Seriously how the hell can you make people use CS1, graphic arts is an evolving skill, and not evolving your tools, puts you out of date, and out with the competition.

If I worked at your company I'd be ashamed. Any company who can afford "a graphic dept, or graphic folks" can afford to update there software at least once a year!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by krankerz View Post

Why not just give them the beta until the final comes out? It's free! I'm sure they won't complain about that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Hasn't CS2 been available for nearly two years now? Why the sudden hurry?

• Reply 25 of 29
    plastplast Posts: 2member
    My MagSafe is still alive and kicking, even after 7 months of daily use. Maybe I'm just lucky?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by plast View Post

My MagSafe is still alive and kicking, even after 7 months of daily use. Maybe I'm just lucky?

My MagSafe had survived almost 11 months of daily use and then broke down. So? beware.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webmail View Post

Geeze, you have a pretty unproductive marketing department. How the hell can you work with CS1? The different from CS1 to CS2, is hours, and hours of productivity, especially for a group of designers.

And if you actually fucking cared about your damn arts department you'd know that Adobe will sell you CS2 right now, and mail you free CS3 on the 27th... But that's just the info I found out when I spent 30 seconds on the phone.

Seriously how the hell can you make people use CS1, graphic arts is an evolving skill, and not evolving your tools, puts you out of date, and out with the competition.

If I worked at your company I'd be ashamed. Any company who can afford "a graphic dept, or graphic folks" can afford to update there software at least once a year!

I don't know about you, but literally everyone I know has stuck with CS1 due to various issues with CS2. Everyone.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

Seriously how the hell can you make people use CS1, graphic arts is an evolving skill, and not evolving your tools, puts you out of date, and out with the competition...

While, in theory, I agree, in practice CS2 really didn't provide anything substantial over hand-holding a few workflow ideas to make them easier to adopt. There are some solid conveniences in Photoshop CS2, and InDesign CS2 is great for the most part, but Illustrator CS2 is a disaster and I flat out skipped GoLive and Acrobat because frankly I didn't think Adobe was interested in making these useful products for me based on the last few versions and the reviews/summaries I'd seen.

It's hard to guess sometimes whether people talking about CS1, CS2, CS3 mean simply Photoshop or the whole suite. I see a disturbing trend where some people seem to think that Photoshop is a one stop tool for all graphic design, and I've gotten tired of explaining why it isn't.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    The timing of this post is kinda interesting because my cord just starting coming loose about four days ago. Then about two the power starting getting fritzy. So I took it in today and in less than 5 minutes I was issued a new power brick- same plug and extension cord though. They only needed my serial number! No paperwork to fill out or anything. I do have Apple Care though.

And they gave me the power adapter with the new, longer wire brace as well as a more-loose clippy thing for winding the skinny cord (I used to have to tug at it).

Nice service Apple!

CD 17" MBP

-=|Mgkwho