OSX Security from a different point of view

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi guys!

Here's an interesting blog article about OSX security from a guy who had a job interview with Apple for a security researcher position. If he's right (I'm not a security expert) OSX is massively vulnerable.

Cheers...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Gosh, that really is a different point of view. OS X is massively insecure, the only reason someone hasn't written an exploit that will absolutely bring the user base to its knees and leave Apple a smoldering crater is, um, well, no one's gotten around to it yet, but they will! Just you wait and see!

And I know this because the people at Apple are just really stupid noobs that don't know shit about security. I found that out when I interviewed for a job with them, which I was only doing because I felt sorry for them, because the Mac sucks and Apple is full of shit. But I thought I might help them out anyway.

Anyway, they were such stupid noobs during the interview that I told them to fuck-off. And I get the last laugh because like, really any minute now, someone will take advantage of the glaring, obvious, drive a truck through it security holes in OS X and kill them all!

What do you mean, I'm the only person who thinks this, how is it nobody noticed but me? Can't you see I have a blog?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Blog bait. Please don't feed the j - trol - ano's

This is all fictitious
  • Reply 3 of 7
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Just the very way applications are installed on macs makes it more secure than windows in many ways. It's pretty damn hard for a virus on macs to self-propagate. You'd pretty much have to type in your password and PLEAD with it to fuck your computer up.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Gosh, that really is a different point of view. OS X is massively insecure, the only reason someone hasn't written an exploit that will absolutely bring the user base to its knees and leave Apple a smoldering crater is, um, well, no one's gotten around to it yet, but they will! Just you wait and see!

And I know this because the people at Apple are just really stupid noobs that don't know shit about security. I found that out when I interviewed for a job with them, which I was only doing because I felt sorry for them, because the Mac sucks and Apple is full of shit. But I thought I might help them out anyway.

Anyway, they were such stupid noobs during the interview that I told them to fuck-off. And I get the last laugh because like, really any minute now, someone will take advantage of the glaring, obvious, drive a truck through it security holes in OS X and kill them all!

What do you mean, I'm the only person who thinks this, how is it nobody noticed but me? Can't you see I have a blog?

LOL!!!

Best blog synopsis EVAR!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Very amusing addabox.

However, reading sentences like

Quote:

However there is one thing that I am fairly certain of, they have the most insecure mainstream operating system currently on the market, and they're about five years behind the curve in regards to security

is not anymore funny. I am not debating the truth or lack of in this blog. I just see some serious problem in the bloger's attitude.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    the blogger does seem to be a self righteous nobber somewhat.

I'm not surprised he didn't get the job with that sort of attitude in an interview.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Gosh, that really is a different point of view. OS X is Can't you see I have a blog, like, for twenty minutes already?

T, FTFY.