Mactopia

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Today i went to the college i plan on going to next year. It's called Dawson College. I'd just like to say when i walked into there and went to the graphic design section ( the section i hope to go to next year ) they had so many macs it was ball numbing. There must have been minimum like 400 macs on that floor. The cool thing about the program i want to take though is that 3rd year students get a desk of their own with 2 macs on the desk. i think one was a g4 ( sorry i don't know about older macs ) and then their was basic iMacs. As i said, it was ball numbing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I would stay far away from any college that numbed my balls.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

hahahaha
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I'm with Mydo on this one. While having Macs is nice it shouldn't be the only reason to take a course. A little advice from someone that is still paying for all the cool classes.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I went to school for Computer Art & Animation back in 1990.

At that time they had a PC: 386 or 486SX... man that was a lame setup.

They had a 40 MB hard drive that was shared with several students.

Now look at what we have. The 24" iMac looks good to me.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TekMate View Post

I'm with Mydo on this one. While having Macs is nice it shouldn't be the only reason to take a course. A little advice from someone that is still paying for all the cool classes.

no no that's what i'm into, graphic design. And college in canada works differently than in the us, it's basically free. not including the books in supplies of course, which will cost a maximum of 800 a year.