Final Cut vs. Premiere

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I am about to embark on the video editing journey. At first, back in the day, Premiere wasn't offered on the mac until Intel came along with their chips, but now that there's a choice, what should I get? I honestly don't know the benfits of either, and I'm looking for something to get me started off on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    I couldn't even answer right now Atlas.

NAB 2007 is next monday and Adobe and Apple will be there showing their "new hotness". Stick around and we'll discuss Apple's stuff on Sunday night and then Adobe's answer will come hopefully monday.

I expect great things from both.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I would try out both before you spend any money. FCP by the way isn't analagous to Premiere since it does different things.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

I'm looking for something to get me started off on.

Final Cut Express.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Last I used Premiere, it was unusably buggy: literally, crashing every 15 minutes. Other people's experience was the same.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's been fixed, but Final Cut Pro is really really good.

The interface is like using a scalpel through warm butter. You have so much fine control over everything, it's just really really pleasant. For a pro app, it also has a surprisingly simple learning curve.