QuickTime VR 2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Look here: <a href="http://asp-web.info.apple.com/em/search/detail.lasso?-token.id=EV016619"; target="_blank">The Nuts and Bolts of QuickTime VR 2</a>

Very interesting. Maybe see this tomorrow?

J :cool:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by jamiemarshall:

<strong>Look here: <a href="http://asp-web.info.apple.com/em/search/detail.lasso?-token.id=EV016619"; target="_blank">The Nuts and Bolts of QuickTime VR 2</a>

Very interesting. Maybe see this tomorrow?

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think it's anything to get excited over. QuickTime VR has been at version 2 since QuickTime 2.5 came out. And, they updated it to support cubic VRs in QuickTime 5.0.

But, I'd love to see a native QuickTime VR Authoring Studio v.2 for Mac OS X. :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Could very well be the second session of 'The Nuts and Bolts of QuickTime VR' although I am hoping for an OS X native version of QTVR authoring studio... That's way overdue. And a nice interface for creating cubic VRS would be nice!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by catalyst:

<strong>Could very well be the second session of 'The Nuts and Bolts of QuickTime VR' </strong><hr></blockquote>

That's exactly what it sounds like to me. I attended this seminar at Apple's Virginia campus last year and the description was pretty much the same. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

VR Toolbox and Realviz Stitcher work great in OS X. I doubt that Apple will bother to Carbonize its own VR Authoring Studio.

Escher
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Read through the page carefully...

under the heading 'Featured Solutions'

- Apple: PowerBook G4, Power Mac G4, iMovie 2, and QuickTime VR Authoring Studio

and under the heading 'What You Will Learn'

- About the latest VR authoring software and Mac OS X

Interesting? The top comment hints that they might just be referring to a new carbon port of QTVRAS.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    VR Worx from VRTool Box already is OSX native
  • Reply 6 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    By the way....another app called Stitcher from RealViz also is OS X native.

I am now playing around with the demo.

It's very easy to use. I can make a VR project without reading the manual

But this thing is slooooooooooow