No Leopard until October

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Quote:

-Apple Statement-

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can?t wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is. However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price ? we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned. While Leopard's features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones. [Apr 12, 2007]

Well. That sucks. At least they've got no reason to hold off on new hardware now...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Wow

I owe Digitimes an apology. They nailed this information weeks ago.

Well ..bring on the new hardware then as soon as it comes.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Dang... I heard this rumor sometime ago. But I dismissed it. This is really going to disappoint a lot of people...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    as was said before, look on the plus side.

Now there is no reason to delay the new hardware

And I would rather wait untill october than apple rush leopard and the release be buggy as hell
  • Reply 4 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I have been putting money aside to buy a new Mac sometime later this year and will hold off until Leopard is released unless my PowerBook G4 dies before then.

On the bright side, at least I have more time to save up for a better Mac.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm surprised you didn't move this thread to the proper forum.

This is the Future Hardware forum.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fran441 View Post

I have been putting money aside to buy a new Mac sometime later this year and will hold off until Leopard is released unless my PowerBook G4 dies before then.

On the bright side, at least I have more time to save up for a better Mac.

• Reply 6 of 9
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    but this has to mean no more waiting on Leopard for new machines now...and I have been waiting on Leopard to show it's furrr...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Is this another duplicate thread? WTH?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I'm surprised you didn't move this thread to the proper forum.

This is the Future Hardware forum.

True, but I posted here for the "future" aspect of the forum...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

True, but I posted here for the "future" aspect of the forum...

You may have forgot the smiley to indicate you were joking, but Just in case your actually serious.

It doesn't work like that.

There is Future Hardware, Current Hardware, and Mac OS.

This is a hardware forum, not the Mac OS forum. The Proper forum is the Mac OS forum.