What's wrong with this image?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

Two kernel panics is as many weeks, and now this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Two kernel panics is as many weeks, and now this?

Most likely you have more than one copy of some applications. They could reside on a separate volume. I have an older version on a separate partition, and the application version is listed after the app name. I don't know the behavior when the versions are the same, quite may be this is your case. Type one of the apps names in Spotlight to see where is your other copy.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Interesting. I can only find one copy of those apps, and the only other partition is a Vista one. I'm gonna Reset and rebuild a few things with Onxy and I'll report back, cheers.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,340moderator
    If you have ever made a backup of your system with Superduper, this can happen. It's to do with the LaunchServices database.

If you want to reset it, copy the following command into a terminal:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -f -domain local -domain system -domain user "/Applications"

You might want to keep a note of that for future reference.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Try this.

Worked for me, after having doubles for months and months.

edit: - Marvin beat me to it :-D
  • Reply 5 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you have ever made a backup of your system with Superduper, this can happen. It's to do with the LaunchServices database.

Cheers. I actually found that out somewhere earlier on today, and have since got it sorted. You knoe sometimes what you don't understand can be worrisome. Onyx is my friend. Did all other maintenance too, comp feels pretty snappy now.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Cheers. I actually found that out somewhere earlier on today, and have since got it sorted. You knoe sometimes what you don't understand can be worrisome. Onyx is my friend. Did all other maintenance too, comp feels pretty snappy now.

I have obsessive issues and bad habits from Windows days. I like a nice wipe and reformat, reinstall every 2-3 months. ....(hey! they readjusted the smiley positions on AI Forums )