macbook turns off without warning

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hi,

This has happened to me several times now. When I'm using my macbook, without magsafe on, when the battery reaches 9% or so, the macbook turns off without even warning me that the battery is low...this is very awkward, and of couse, all unsaved work ... :S

I read the "how to calibrate macbook battery" from apples site, but since step 3 is "Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery's charge gets low, you?ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen." this doesn't work in my ase, anyone can help ?

thanks,

peace

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    It should just go to sleep when the battery gets too low, and yes, it should warn you. You charged it up to 100% and let it run down to 0% when you first got it?

You might be able to get Apple to warranty the battery.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    waneawanea Posts: 62member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris v View Post

It should just go to sleep when the battery gets too low, and yes, it should warn you. You charged it up to 100% and let it run down to 0% when you first got it?

You might be able to get Apple to warranty the battery.

yes, I did..it's still under 2 years warranty, so I guess I better take it to the store and check it out...